Toddlers: 24 Months+

Potty Training

With my first son, at 2 1/2 I decided we were ready to potty train.  Just one day, we put on underwear and never went back.  We did the sticker chart and all that.  Well my 2nd son is just over 2.  I was planning on starting working with him at 2 1/2 too, BUT I'm due with #3 around that time, so I had decided to just wait until after baby because a lot of people had told me kids often regress with a new baby and I didn't think any of us wanted that.  Anyway, he has been obsessed with potties and underwear this past week.  We are thinking maybe it is time.  However, I'm not so sure he is quite as ready.  Anyway, I'm just curious about pull ups.  We didn't use them with ds 1, but I thought it might be an easier step for ds 2.  I mean he could pull them off easily to try the potty, but not a big mess and he could learn how.  I've just always worried they were more or less a diaper and that it wouldn't help them learn at all. So, what's your experience, do they help or just hold them back?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Potty Training

• 3JTMom3JTMom member
    Pullups really helped with my 3 boys. We treated them like underware, But if there happened to be an accident, there was no clean up. But we did all the charts and rewards and everything that goes with potty training as well. It might be a good option since you are coming so close to delivery. Here is an article that might help. Congratulations on #3.

#notautomatic-