Trouble TTC

Hey everyone!

I've been dirty lurking here from TTGP and decided to finally intro.

I'm 25 and DH is 28, we've been married for just over 2 years now. We ditched the BC about 3 years ago and finally decided last July to actively start TTC (temping, OPKs). I've been given the go-ahead from my OB to seek help from an RE because of the 3 years of unprotected sex.

I had a little bloodwork done at the OB and know I'm ovulating, but my progesterone on one 7dpo was only 3.4 and an ultrasound also showed a small cyst that cycle.

DH is feeling nervous about the RE so we've been toying with holding off until January, focusing on eating healthy and both losing some weight and seeing what happens. I'm not very optimistic but am understanding of his feelings. He's planning to go to the doctor this month to have his testosterone levels checked.

Re: Hey everyone!

• Hi @27alex, and welcome to the board!  The lead up to your first RE appointment can be nerve wracking, so trust me, we get it.  Once you actually get there, both of you will feel soo much better.   It's awesome to feel like a real plan is in place.

It sounds like you already realize that diet and/or weight probably isn't a huge factor for your fertility challenges, but it's really smart of you to allow YH to process things in his own timetable.    If he hasn't already gotten an SA, it would be better for him to do that than the testosterone check.

I'll add you to the TTTC weekly checkin if you'd like.   Just let me know.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• 27alex27alex member

Hi @27alex, and welcome to the board!  The lead up to your first RE appointment can be nerve wracking, so trust me, we get it.  Once you actually get there, both of you will feel soo much better.   It's awesome to feel like a real plan is in place.

It sounds like you already realize that diet and/or weight probably isn't a huge factor for your fertility challenges, but it's really smart of you to allow YH to process things in his own timetable.    If he hasn't already gotten an SA, it would be better for him to do that than the testosterone check.

I'll add you to the TTTC weekly checkin if you'd like.   Just let me know.

Thank you! You can add me, although I definitely don't want to offend anyone if we aren't starting testing just yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
    edited May 2015
    No problem.  I doubt anybody would be offended.    It's actually a good idea to do your homework while working up to the testing phase!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• 27alex27alex member
    Great, thank you!