April 2015 Moms
Options

MIL who thinks my child is all hers

I need help advice my MIL thinks my baby is all hers and she likes to say that my baby is all hers and she wants to be greedy with my baby have all her attention. It doesn't help that she recently just try to cause a problem and say I told her she will never baby sit the baby. Which I never said. It always doesn't help that her father is a mamas boy & he doesn't tell her to back off and stop being so extra Idk what to do she is driving me crazy I don't want her to be the reason why I have problems in my relationship

Re: MIL who thinks my child is all hers

• Options
    While her behavior is inappropriate, she isn't your only problem if your husband is unwilling to stand up to her to the point that it causes trouble in the relationship. You're stuck in a bad spot. Maybe try talking to her with your husband and explain that while you appreciate that she loves your child so much, that you need time to bond with the baby more than she does.
  • Options
    Sorry your husband doesn't stick up for you. But something good could come out of this. You'll need someone to leave your child with, a lot, to run errands and just have you time. Who better than grandma to babysit! Unless you don't trust her, you will be thankful she's there to help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would like to do that but he wouldn't be willing to do that be is really pretective over his mother. She is so sensitive or at least plays the role of being sensitive. I know that her being obsessed with my baby would be great for baby sitting but I'm scared that she might really think that my baby is her. She has said that the baby is only hers and she will be greedy with her I've talk to my husband but he always gets defensive when it comes to his mom I can't sit down and have a clam conversation because it turns into an argument. So I'm really feeling hopeless I just don't want her behavior to get worse or her do something I get mad and blow up on her and make things worse between me and her and my husband
  • Options
    Are you breastfeeding? That's one way that my child always ends up back with me every couple of hours because he simply needs me. And I'm sorry your husband is defensive...your relationship with him should come over his relationship with his mother (and that would resolve some of the issues if he stood up for you). I hope you find some peace and that you get some sweet time with your little one.
  • Options
    No I recently stop breastfeeding switch over to formula so now I can't use that's as an excuse I've talk to everyone & they told me to ignore her when she makes little comments and not to feed into it. It will only cause for me to be frustrated and problems in my relationship but in reality it's kind of hard to ignore it when that's all she does when I'm around her.