TTC After a Loss

So sad and can't seem to snap out of it

I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks in January and a DNC in Feb. I am 38 years and it was my first pregnancy. Once given the clear to try again, we have had two unsuccessful cycles. No matter what I do I can't seem to pull myself out of this deep dark hole. I cry almost everyday. My husband is starting to get annoyed. Some nights I cry for hours on end. Does anyone else feel this way. I feel so alone and sad. When will the pain go away?

Re: So sad and can't seem to snap out of it

• I think this is a perfectly normal response we all rolled the dice and lost. I would maybe consider talking to a therapist if you don't have someone there to vent too. they may be able to put a perspective on things you hadn't seen before. My cousin recommended I call the local infertility clinic and see if they have someone there. Even though you aren't dealing with infertility it maY help to talk with someone who has been there or been around it. The reason she suggested I see someone was I was consumed by the miscarriage I couldn't get through 5 minutes withoUT dwelling on it and getting stuck in my head. I'm still taking it a day at a time.

Sorry if this is a big ramble, but we are here for you.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • It's an incredibly difficult experience and can be a very lonely grief to deal with, as people find it hard to understand or relate to. I personally found the d&c (and the first loss in general) to be the hardest and most traumatic miscarriage, even though I grieve each one. Just know you are not alone and there are better days. I don't want to project my experience on you and I know everyone heals differently, but I will say that actively TTC is a very emotional and tough journey of its own, so we had to let ourselves heal awhile before we started 'trying' again. We didn't prevent in the interim, but I didn't chart and test and time every month until I felt more hopeful and less fearful and bereaved. Maybe that's something to consider, maybe not, but I'm thinking and praying for you as you heal!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow!