Pregnant after IF

Naming the beans inside

Has anyone else taken to naming their bean/s?
We have named ours all three pregnancy and changed it each time, both to give them their own identity and to get away from being reminded of our m/cs.
First pregnancy we bonded too much with "Blip" and we're crushed when we lost em. Then with the second, "Barny" (for barnacle) we didn't try to bond at all and we're still crushed to find out we had multiple Barnys but ended up not being viable due to the embryo not splitting properly.
With this third one, we have decided to bond and be happy as we know it may only last so long. Since we did a frozen transfer, we named this one Olaf. Today we had a hurried u/s due to bleeding and found we have a second one latched on as well so we named it Sven.
Are we just being weirdos? Haha.

Re: Naming the beans inside

• Adorable! Love Sven and Olaf. No, I don't think it's weird. In fact, I think naming them validates the pregnancy and puts you in a positive frame of mind. My DH and I keep calling ours "it" every time and I actually think that's weird! Congrats on TWO!!!!!!!!! 
    ***WARNING***
    BFP, child, and losses mentioned, although I loooooooove success stories!!!

Me: 40
    DH: 48
    IVF #1: 8/2011 transferred 3 4-cell 3-day highly fragmented embryos, had 12 weeks of bleeding and 1 perfect DS
    IVF #2: 8/2014 BFN
    IVF #3: chemical, had 2 left to freeze
    FET #1: BFN
    IVF #4: 12/2014 transferred 2 great-looking day 4 embryos, none left to freeze, BFP, u/s showed empty sac, m/c approx 9 weeks
    IVF #5: 4/2015 transferred 2 early blasts on day 5, BFP on HPT at 8dp5dt, 1st beta at 14dp5dt: 3628 omg
  • marniefmarnief member
    BFP was on 4 May - Star Wars Day ("May the 4th be with you")...so we're calling it Yoda.  If it's twins, we may switch to C3P0 and R2D2!
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Loading the player...
  • These are amazing! So glad we aren't alone. Although, now I'm jealous of these other names!
  • I don't but my kid has nicknamed it Feather...and gets really angry when we say it won't be his real name!

Me: 32, DH: 33
    DS #1: April 2010
    DS #2: July 2015 (preemie born at 31 weeks) - our little miracle conceived through ART - unexplained secondary infertility/adenomyosis