February 2015 Moms
Options

Still in maternity pants at week 10!!!

My son just turned 10weeks old and I'm still in my maternity pants! I can physically squeeze into my pre-pregnancy pants but with a very unattractive, very large bulge over the top. We aren't talking about a muffin top here people, we are talking about the ENTIRE muffin hanging over :( I have cut out carbs and sugar, even recently spent over $200 on a program that has not helped.

Does anyone else have any encouragement, tips, tricks, etc they can share? Or at least tell me how long it took other moms to fit back in pre-preg clothes?

Re: Still in maternity pants at week 10!!!

• Options
    mrlarprmrlarpr member
    Yeaahh I wouldn't waste money on programs. Buy some clothes that fit for the interim, work out and eat healthy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! I'm wearing maternity pants at work right now! I've tried buying new clothes, but it's been hard because if they fit my new waistline, they are too big in the butt and legs. I've heard our bodies will go back to mostly normal around 6 months. I'm wearing maternity pants and dresses until then!
  • Options
    Right there with you girl!!! My pre pregnancy clothes fit until I sit down then there is the infamous muffin!! Just wear clothes that fit you comfortably if it's maternity... Just go for it!! Don't forget you just had a beautiful baby!
  • Options
    Same here! I'm 10 weeks and had to buy new pants. With DD who is now 21 months old it took me about 8 months to get back to my pre pregnancy weight but my body shape never went back. My hips were wider so I had to have different size pants/style. I found I was pregnant again just when I got back to about where I wanted to be. Now I am finding I have to buy bigger clothes yet again. My belly just isn't going back as easy as it did after the first. Everything is just shifted different. I would just buy a few things that fit that give you confidence. I had to buy a couple pants and shirts before I went back to work this week. They make me feel good and if I feel good I will be motivated to workout and eat healthy. I have to keep telling myself my kids are only 18 months apart it is going to take a little while to be back where I want to be. So in the meantime I found some nice clothes from a goodwill/Varage that fit my new shape.
  • Options
    I know it's frustrating but you're only 10 weeks PP. It might be quite some time until you fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes.  In the meantime, I'd just buy some new clothes that make you feel good and do what you feel is best to get you where you want to be weight-wise.

• Options
    My baby's around ten weeks and this little sucker ruined my thighs and hips. I can't even try to pull on pants that fit before I was pregnant. I think there's a lot of misinformation out there because we see celebrities who bounce back very quickly. We have to remember it took ten months to put all of this weight on so it would be normal to assume it's going to take that long to get it off. I bought some clothes from motherhood maternitys bounceback line which are specifically designed for women who just gave birth and they fit pretty well. I'd highly recommend them!
  • Options
    Remember it took nine months to put on the baby weight!! It should take about nine months to get rid of it!! It's probably better to lose it slowly to give your skin extra time to adjust too! No worries! Eat healthy and exercise and you will get there!
  • Options
    you may want to have a doc rule out a thyroid issue. I too am worried about my weight loss at 4 mo post partum plus I was inexplicably tired, irritable and hungry all the time. Turns out I have hypothyroidism. My thyroid is working at a tenth of what it should be. Apparently it's pretty common for new mommies. I'm only 1 week on meds so am not sure I have it under control yet or if it will effect my weight loss at all but it was comforting to know that there might be a reason that my weight wasn't 'melting' off like all the breastfeeding articles promise!! Hope this helps a little. I know you posted a while back so you may be all set but wanted to put it out there in case it helps someone else.
  • Options
    I have the same problem but u have to wait till the nine months pass
  • Options
    That's ok :) it takes about nine months or so for your body to get back to normal.. I'm 26 weeks PP and I'm still two sizes up!