May 2015 Moms
Options

Preeclampsia at 37 weeks

anyone else been diagnosed with preeclampsia this late in the game? did your doctor induce or what did they do?

Sorry if there is another thread on this! Couldn't find it!

Re: Preeclampsia at 37 weeks

• Options
    Sam2552Sam2552 member
    I was diagnosed at 34 weeks. They took me out of work and put on a modified bedrest. Haven't been induced yet. They were thinking about doing that at 39 weeks. However I am being monitored and doing NSTs twice a week. If they decide it was unsafe for the baby at any point, they would induce me then and there. So far we are doing ok at 37+ weeks.
  • Options
    jraffajraffa member
    I was diagnosed at 37 weeks, sent to the hospital and induced that night. I now have a beautiful 2 week old son! My bp was 150s/100s...and my kidneys were affected. I think it depends on your lab work and blood pressure. The doctors told me at 37 weeks it was safe to have the baby so might as well induce so the preeclampsia doesn't have a chance to get worse. Good luck:)!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my first, I was induced due to Pre-E at 37 weeks.

• Options
    I was induced at 36 weeks 6 days for preeclampsia. They called me at 3pm to tell me my labs showed preeclampsia and had me come in the next morning for an induction. I was nervous being early but was glad to have her on the outside where I knew she was safe. She was a healthy 6 lb 9 oz.

• Options
    I was with DD at 37+3 and was sent to the hospital for bed rest. They didn't induce till 38+1 for me.
  • Options
    I was diagnosed at 34 weeks, and was induced at 36+4 because of a terrible headache. make sure you have a really good support team if the decide to put you on magnesium, it's quite the whirlwind experience. best of luck to you
  • Options
    I had it through 32 weeks on. They let it go up until 38 weeks (162/111) then it was a danger for me and my baby so they sent me to be induced.
  • Options
    I was being closely monitored for a few weeks but officially diagnosed at 40w2d with preeclampsia and induced right then and there.
  • Options
    Diagnosed at 36 weeks and induced at 37. Liam's due date was 5/4 but I had him 4/14 :)
  • Options
    This thread just made me feel so much better.  I'm a first timer and found out at 34 that i have preeclampsia.  My doctor is trying to keep baby in until I hit 37 weeks.  I'm terrified the baby will have to stay in the NICU.  Did anyone's baby have to go to NICU or were they just fine?  I'm so new to all of this.. 

• Options
    I second the Pp about the magnesium. It is no joke. The labor experience you may have envisioned will be significantly altered if you have to deliver and/or spend time after delivery on magnesium. Be sure to ask your Dr about this asap if it hasn't been discussed.
  • Options
    bebefish said:

This thread just made me feel so much better.  I'm a first timer and found out at 34 that i have preeclampsia.  My doctor is trying to keep baby in until I hit 37 weeks.  I'm terrified the baby will have to stay in the NICU.  Did anyone's baby have to go to NICU or were they just fine?  I'm so new to all of this.. 

I had my baby at 37 weeks exactly, induced because my gestational hypertension elevated to preeclampsia. Baby was slightly jaundiced and only 5 lb 7 oz, but I was still able to have her room with me. She just got a lot of visits for blood tests.

I was put on magnesium too. That's the hardest part. Bedridden for over 24 hours (labor + after birth) and kind of drowsy... But still coherent!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    24-year-old | FTM | CA, US | Multi-cultural & Proud | Hippie Dippie Crunchy Veggie Yogini
    Our little bean's birthday 05.14.15
  • Options
    sakafasakafa member
    I am 39 weeks and my blood pressure has been going up for the last two weeks. Right now I'm usually around 145/90. I have a persistent headache but all of my oab work is good. No signs that any organs are affected and most importantly baby is very healthy and happy. I have a feeling they will induce me this week, because my Dr told me on Friday lol. I think they try and let baby cook as long as possible and safe. I check my blood pressure every 4 to 6 hours and keep a journal so the Dr has a good idea what's happening.