Trouble TTC
Options

New to the Boards

Hi All, I'm new to the TTC boards, but not new to the TTC journey.  DH and I have been TTC since June 2012, so coming up on 3 years.  DH is 38, I'm 29 now.  I had a normal cycle up until March of 2012, had an 80 day cycle and since then haven't had an regularity.  For the first year we tried naturally and after no success got a referral to a fertility clinic.  

The first clinic was a really bad experience for us, without a complete work-up (no complete HSG and BW not all done before appointment due to my cycles) they indicated that IVF was the only thing that would work for us.  However were unable/unwilling to explain why they wouldn't allow us to try less invasive methods.  First clinic hinted at PCOS but never said anything other than to lose some weight and come back when I had done that.  We focused on healthy living and continued to try as best we could the next year without success.

In January of this year we got a referral to a new clinic, had our appointment April 2015.  We had a much better connection with the new doctor who advised he thought PCOS was the source of our issues.  He suggested we try progesterone to induce my cycle and then Femara days 5-10 of cycle.   

I have never had luck with tracking BBT as I do shift work on a rotating schedule so I can't track at a steady time.  I have used lots of OPKs and only seen an LH surge twice so most of our trying was most likely for naught in that first year since I didn't know I wasn't ovulating.  Looking forward to moving on now and taking some positive action.  

Re: New to the Boards

• Options
    Welcome to the board!   I'm sorry about your first fertility clinic, they sound like a bunch of quacks, TBH!!   You definitely sound like you're on a better plan now though.   Good luck with your medicated cycle.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc