5-5 Momma Check-In — The Bump
Success after IF

5-5 Momma Check-In

Good evening/night fellow mommas! 

This is the ninth week of our new check-in for mommas on this board
that just want to feel connected, bond, and connect with each other on a
weekly basis!  Check-ins will be on Tuesdays.

Sorry for skipping a week and being late this week.  A lot of stress and craziness.  The joys of momma life! 

Any updates?  What is going on? :)

QOTW:
What is your favorite mommy product?

@mrs.AmyDylan
@CWhitaker27
@hopeby2015 
@CarrieB.
@Mayzie15
@mnj05   
@Maladroit   
@kfdecarie
@1983Lindsey2

Me: 30, DH: 32
My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
  • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
  • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
  •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
  • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
  • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
  • EDD 1/8/15

Re: 5-5 Momma Check-In

• dp21dp21 member
    edited May 2015
    Hello mommas,

Sorry for the skipping and lateness this week.  So baby still hates the bottle!  I worked last Sunday and she only ate 3oz total over 10 hours!  I got home after midnight and had to nurse through the night (she normally sleeps through night), 1am, 3am, 5am, and 8am.  I ended up scalding my milk at 4am.  I was exhausted and broke down in tears.  Work has been tough, evenings is rough finding time to pump 3x.  Monday, I was stressed and called our nanny to come over to to help this momma clean the house for 3 hours, she was fabulous.  Never hired anyone to clean before and it was worth it esp. since I got no sleep.  Got some laundry, dishes, and sweeping done and it helped lower my stress level.  We cleaned together, so it was nice to have some productive help.

Today, started grad school up again, 8 hours of class.  It was a long day, baby did ok.  Grandma brought her to me during lunch to nurse.

Other than that, baby is great and super happy, as long as she has her boobs.  Momma is surviving and adjusting.  We also decided to start cloth diapering.  So we are on day 2 and it's going well.  Our nanny helped us adjust the diapers when she was over to fit baby.  And baby rolled over for first time this past weekend.  Yay!  It's her new trick :)

QOTW:  Don't know if it's my favorite product but just bought a mommy hook.  Excited to try it! 

hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

1983Lindsey2
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    @dp21 - I'm sorry it's been so stressful! One of these days everyone will adjust to the new way of life. I can't offer any advice about bottles since DS was FF, hopefully that gets better too!

As for me, pregnancy wise I'm doing great. I have an appointment tomorrow and an u/s, hoping he cooperates. Monday we tried a 3D scan and found out he flipped to butt down at some point, he was head down at 20 weeks. I know I've got time but he better flip back over! H is doing well, talking more and more every day and it's so cute! I know I won't be saying that in a few months/years. He's also learned to say "love you" and loves to give me kisses at random times. I'm amazed at the things he just knows how to do. Last weekend we went to the beach and he went right up to DH's fishing rod and started to put it in the water and reel on his own without really seeing his daddy do it first.

QOTW - I really don't know. I bought a carrier to try out with baby number 2 and I'm hoping that works out well.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

Mrs.AmyDylandp211983Lindsey2
  • Loading the player...
  • Hang in there @dp21! You have a ton on your plate, so remember to try to enjoy time with your LO. Also, have YH take pictures of you and LO. I didn't get enough looking back. J is also a Boobie pig. So I totally get it!

I'm 13w tomorrow. I have my next appointment next Wednesday. Assuming all is good at that point I think we are going to tell everyone :) J is awesome! She is my little sidekick and hates being away from me. Busy season for my business is around the corner and she is going to have a difficult adjustment.

Qotw: when J was tiny, I loved the itzbeen timer. The multiple timers helped me keep track of diaper changers, feedings, etc. With a toddler, I'm loving DHs discarded Camelbak as a diaper bag. I can fill up the water bladder if we have a long busy day or go light with only a few items.

TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

mnj05dp21CarrieB.1983Lindsey2
  • dp21dp21 member
    @mnj05 So glad to hear pregnancy is going well!  What type of carrier did you get? :) 

@Mrs.AmyDylan Announcing sounds great.  Are you going to do it in a fun way? I have never heard of the itzbeen timer.  I will have to look it up.

And thanks guys, it has been rough.  So glad I'm super part-time and only have to go through these rough nights 2-3 times a week. 

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• mnj05mnj05 member
    @dp21 I got a boba. I was looking at mei tei carriers too and might get one anyway just have options.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• dp21dp21 member
    @mnj05 We have the boba and it is great!  Especially on fussy evenings, she being tucked in it and walking around the house.  Wrapping isn't bad, I just watched a youtube video and used mirror when putting her in :) 

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

mnj05
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    Glad to hear it isn't hard, that's what I'm worried about! I never wore H so this is new territory for me. I just know that a car seat in the basket and a toddler in the front of a shopping cart is not ideal and I don't want to haul the stroller everywhere we go.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• dp21dp21 member
    My friend has a toddler and infant.  She uses a wrap but also has an Ergo carrier (which we also have but waiting till my LO gets a little bigger to consistently use it) and will backpack the toddler while having the infant in the stroller at the mall.  That seems to work well, then toddler can get down and walk sometimes and ergo is easy to pack away.  That way not carrying an infant, pushing a stroller with a toddler not in the stroller because they "want to walk". 

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• @dp21 I doubt we will do a fancy announcement. Close family already knows. I didn't announce on FB with J, so I doubt that I will this time either. Not to blah about it, but Im probably over sensitive about announcing since it was such a stab in the heart when we were trying for so long. I'm nervous about hurting anyone struggling. I have a couple of really close friends that I will call, otherwise we'll tell people as we see them.
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• I love my Boba carrier. It works great to back carry larger babies/toddlers too. I still wear my 18 month, which is helpful when you have a busy 4 year old too.

I cannot believe A turned 4 this week! We took her out for pizza on her birthday at this place with games and a giant organ which was weird and fun. The organist even played some Frozen songs. Both of the kids loved dancing.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

mnj05Mrs.AmyDylan
  • @dp21  I am glad you got some help with cleaning and that will help your stress.  I too hire someone about twice a year to do a super deep clean and do things like the baseboards, which I hate.  It is a huge help.  I think it is worth every penny!!

Things are going good with us.  Bentley seems less cranky now that some teeth have finally come through.  He got four teeth in one weekend and there are two more about to pop through. It was rough and he was NOT happy. 

QOTW:  I love love love our Levana diaper monitor.  It goes off if he stops breathing and it has provided so much peace of mind.  It helped me have him in his own room by 1 month old and I don't constantly have to go in and make sure he is breathing.  It has only had one or two false alarms where it fell off the diaper and I went running in and it upset him.  I am a worrier and this product has saved my sanity! 
    ~~ All Welcome~~
    ME: 32, SER aggregates on eggs, anovulatory
    DH:  33, 2% morphology
    TTC #1 
    2 clomid cycles, 3 hybrid clomid/bravelle IUI's = 4 BFN/1 [email protected] 5.5 weeks
    IUI #6 -Follitism IUI cycle converted to IVF and back to IUI-4 mature, 3 maybe mature = BFP!!   DS Born 9/2014
    TTC#2 
    IVF #1 9/15 Antagonist- 19 R 1F (Frozen day 1 @ 2PN stage) Diagnosed with SER aggregates in 13/19 eggs after failed fertilization
    IVF #2 11/15 Antagonist w/ICSI  (Higher stims & Letrosole added last minute on stim day 7)- 39R, 24M (20/24 SER free), 15F (14/15 SER free & all frozen @ 2PN stage) 
    FET#1 Cultured all 16- 2pn embryos to day 5- transferred 1 good hatching blast and 1 early blast on 1/28- None to freeze - beta 2/5

• @dp21 - I am so sorry you're having a rough transition.  I was so lucky DS took a bottle without a problem (I had the reverse problem, he boycotted the boob at 3 months - sad day).

For me, I've been on autopilot. I'm just working and being mom.  DS has been trying to walk and we've had lots of appointments, committments, etc. and been go go go.  I don't work until Thursday, so I am looking forward to a few days to just relax and recoup for a couple of days.  Next week, i'm having surgery so I'm trying to stay healthy for that.  ha! It's nothing major, just a repair of my severely deviated nasal septum.  I'm a bit let down because DH did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me for Mother's Day.  I was so sad.  Anyways, maybe next year...I let him know where he went wrong on that one.

QOTW: I have LOVED the wubanub - It seems silly, but it's been Griffin's favorite thing ever that he never has used consistently since day 1, going on 11 months now. It keeps him quiet in the car, it's a toy, it's a binky, it's his naptime buddy, sleep buddy and unlike most pacifiers, he can find it with his eyes closed and rub on it and chew on the giraffe's feet or tail, too.  Love that thing!

Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am