Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Question for pumpers

Question for moms who strictly pump..
How do you travel with a bottle? I've read that heated breastmilk is only good for one hour. Thus far (baby is 3 wks) I've been pumping right before we leave and keeping the milk out (instead of refrigerating) so it will be room temp for baby. Is there an easier way than pumping before every time I leave the house? Baby won't latch so I can't nurse. Suggestions?

Re: Question for pumpers

• Options
    Pumped milk can sit out for 6 hours. When I pump I always make sure I have a bottle out for next feeding and a bottle in the fridge. Any extra gets added to another container to freeze. When I use the bottle setting out I get the other one out of the fridge to get ready for the next feeding and by that time it's room temperature. When I go out I try to feed right before leaving and bring the next bottle along. If it's a long trip I bring a small thrity one lunch bag with an ice pack.
  • Options
    I do similar to what pp said. I almost always feed room temp. I will feed and pump before I leave and take a bottle with me. My bad has insulated pockets for bottles so it keeps them at about room temp. If it is going to be s while I take my pump with me if I think I will have time to pump somewhere. I bought the car adaptor and love being able to pump in the car. I use a hooter hider so I don't feel exposed. If I can't pump I'll bring an extra bottle and put an ice pack in the insulated bottle slot. This might be helpful: