December 2015 Moms
Options

blighted ovum ***update

2»

Re: blighted ovum ***update

• Options
    Yay!!!! So happy for you. I was thinking about you. My appt is tomorrow and hope they see something
  • Options
    nik6499nik6499 member
    That's great!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along were you today at appt?
  • Options
    TeraLampTeraLamp member
    edited May 2015
    @ladymoon78 9 weeks exactly
  • Options
    Amazing news!!
  • Options
    Wonderful!!! So happy for you!

@ladymoon78 praying for excellent news for you tomorrow too!
  • Options
    @ladymoon78 yes, paying for you!!! How many weeks are you?
  • Options
    abidabiabidabi member
    Amazing news!! So happy for you!
  • Options
    That is awesome news! Congrats Momma!
  • Options
    Congrats!!! It sucks that you had to go through all that worrying but that little bean is so worth it!! Good luck @ladymoon78 keep us updated!
  • Options
    Yay I love when they find the baby!!!
  • Options
    Yay! Congratulations! My ultrasound is Thursday. My last pregnancy they couldn't find a heartbeat and I ended up miscarrying. Very nervous about this ultrasound.
  • Options
    ladymoon78ladymoon78 member
    edited May 2015
    My update: I went in today or transvaginal US and they could only see the yolk sac. I am 7 weeks and 6 days (almost 8). I actually re-read your post TeraLamp and feel like I am "re-living" your last couple of weeks. RE told me same thing...waiting on bloods today to see if they are rising. If they are then sending me to get a scan with better quality US machine. If levels are not rising then going to give me meds. I think I want to wait until 10 weeks just to be sure. I have been having random light spotting but also take progesterone suppositories which can cause that spotting and he said he saw some clotting in uterus which could indicate I may be starting the miscarriage process. Will update later this week.

I got pregnant via IUI so if I do miscarry I will probably move onto IVF next. This whole process has been very emotionally taxing. Thanks for listening.
  • Options
    Additional update for me: levels are still rising so going in for next scan Thursday. Will update after that. Sorry, don't mean to "highjack" your thread @TerraLamp But I know a few people on here wanted my update also.
  • Options
    @ladymoon78 I'm so sorry, I know that feeling...it's horrible :( But I will say this, I agree 100% that you should wait till 10 weeks. My 3rd round of blood work showed my levels weren't rising and my dr told me the levels don't really mean to much for a blighted ovum. I've done some research too and read that as well. So either way wait a couple weeks and look again then go for a second opinion of needed. I'm not going to lie but the waiting process will be an emotional roller coaster. Just don't give up hope. Praying for you!!

• Options

Additional update for me: levels are still rising so going in for next scan Thursday. Will update after that. Sorry, don't mean to "highjack" your thread @TerraLamp But I know a few people on here wanted my update also.

No worries, please keep us updated!!
  • Options
    dp1320dp1320 member

So glad to hear the good news @teralamp!

@ladymoon78 - great news that your levels are rising - FX you'll have a good ultra sound next week!

• Options
    Update: no baby seen so my RE took me off progesterone suppositories and we are waiting to see if my body take care of it. I have a follow up Thirsday for another US and at that point he will make a decision on whether I need MEDS to help my body with the process. I feel okay about because at least now I know there is no baby and can move on. Once I am cleared we will be doing a round of IVF which my RE said my chances are good with. Will give finally update after Thursday. Thank you ladies and best wishes.
  • Options

Update: no baby seen so my RE took me off progesterone suppositories and we are waiting to see if my body take care of it. I have a follow up Thirsday for another US and at that point he will make a decision on whether I need MEDS to help my body with the process. I feel okay about because at least now I know there is no baby and can move on. Once I am cleared we will be doing a round of IVF which my RE said my chances are good with. Will give finally update after Thursday. Thank you ladies and best wishes.

I am so sorry sweetheart! DH and I have also gone through infertility treatments. We did three rounds of medicated IUIs no success and one round of IVF that ended in an early MC. I know it's a terribly difficult road to walk and if you ever want to message me, please feel free to do so… After waiting for my betas to get back to zero we will be benched for one cycle and then we will start trying again so if you wanted to we could be cycle buddies :-)

Again, I am so sorry!
  • Options
    Thank you. We started with monitored cycles, then one IUI with clomid, and this last IUI with follistim. Now just feel strange because there has not been any bleeding yet and wondering when it will happen and how. When the RE told me I figured I would bleed and that's it and didn't think to ask what I should expect and now wondering what to expect lol. Will call them tomorrow. After we get through this we'll sit down and go over all out options as far as the IVF. Good luck with everything.
  • Options
    Sorry for this whole situation, all of you ladies. I can't imagine. Sending hugs and prayers.
  • Options
    nik6499nik6499 member
    @ladymoon78 I'm so very sorry, I think several of us have been there and that waiting game is just the pits. We are all here for you. I hope that you find your rainbow soon.
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • Options
    New Update: okay ladies the blighted ovum is confirmed. I did some searching but not really finding the info I am looking for. Not sure if this is the right place to ask and sorry if it is not. I was told by my RE that I can take meds to speed the process or have a D & C. At first I thought meds because it seems less invasive but then considering the D & C because I think it may give me a peace of mind. He said the meds don't work in 20% of women which would mean going through the D & C anyway...I guess what I am trying to find out is if anyone has gone through this with a blighted ovum and don't mind, could you share your experience or thoughts on my situation. If you don't want to write it here can you message me? Thank you.

Oh and I feel okay emotionally. RE said I can try again 4-6 weeks after, at which point we'll set up for IVF so I am looking forward to that and staying positive. Best of luck to everyone and thank you for the support.
  • Options

New Update: okay ladies the blighted ovum is confirmed. I did some searching but not really finding the info I am looking for. Not sure if this is the right place to ask and sorry if it is not. I was told by my RE that I can take meds to speed the process or have a D & C. At first I thought meds because it seems less invasive but then considering the D & C because I think it may give me a peace of mind. He said the meds don't work in 20% of women which would mean going through the D & C anyway...I guess what I am trying to find out is if anyone has gone through this with a blighted ovum and don't mind, could you share your experience or thoughts on my situation. If you don't want to write it here can you message me? Thank you.

Oh and I feel okay emotionally. RE said I can try again 4-6 weeks after, at which point we'll set up for IVF so I am looking forward to that and staying positive. Best of luck to everyone and thank you for the support.

I'm confused... RE said that you could start trying again 4 to 6 weeks after your D&C (if you choose that route versus the cytotec?) usually you need to have one normal period first. Lots of women do get that first period about 4 to 6 weeks after but some take a good deal longer. Sometimes it is shorter. As somebody who's been through IVF, I can tell you that you should definitely be starting on estradiol or another medication on cycle day 21 before you start the cycle in which you would be doing the IVF. The lining of your uterus needs to be the right thickness, and I just want to make sure that your doctor is saying the same thing. It is however perfectly fine to start trying right away after you have a very early loss.

Again, I am so sorry that you're going through this! I have miscarried naturally and I have also had a D&C. Since I am still healing from the surgery, I cannot give you the advice of which I would recommend. However, if you get stressed out very easily, I would recommend the D&C because at least they put you out and you are asleep for it. You will still bleed for a week or two after. But you won't need to worry about passing on your own.

Good luck sweetheart! I hope you got your rainbow baby soon!

• Options
    Both my Mc ender due to BO, one in Sept 14 and in Jan 15'. Said it was due to not having enough folic acid in my system to keep baby growing... went in with the first likely Mc at 5 weeks they couldn't find a heartbeat, went back at 11 weeks, the baby quit growing at 6 weeks. It's very tough. I hope everything turns out okay, praying for you either way.