Parenting after 35
Options

Weekly Check-In 5/3

How was your week?

QOTW: What makes a Sunday, Sunday for you?

Re: Weekly Check-In 5/3

• Options
    Geeps2Geeps2 member
    This week SUCKED beyond all suckatood.  I had a-hole parents, and I mean super-dickhead a-hole parents, to deal with at work, but the biggest stress has been up until Thursday we still hadn't heard if my husband was loosing his job.  I took my moment to freak out on Wed when he got the FAQ sheet about his severance package and how he only was going to be covered for health insurance for 3 months then had to pay the full price beyond that.  If he had to go on my insurance it would have sucked up one whole paycheck just for insurance (I get paid twice monthly).  I was beyond stressed.  Luckily at the final hour, on Thursday, he officially got "fired" at 11:30 and then got rehired (his job was saved) at 12:01.  It is a long story but basically he works as a teacher at a small Catholic school that out of nowhere was told was closing down in June.  A plan was devised to help save the school and fundraising went into high gear but it wasn't going to be easy and in the end the bishop had the final say if they stayed open as a seperate entity.  They found out the plan was approved Thursday so the end of the week was way better than the beginning and middle.  He got the day off on Friday so I took a half day from work and we went out to lunch to celebrate.  
    Oh yeah and he has a cold so there's that.  I want to kill him.  If I have to hear him bitch about a stuffy nose or hear him hock phlem one more time I literally may scream.  
    It has not been a good week to be me.  Oh and we got a pergola for the backyard and put it together and come to the end and realize one of the main supports is backwards so we have to undu a s ton of stuff to fix it.  FML

I feel like Alenander and the no good, very bad week.

I can only hope this week gets better.  It has to right??????

Sundays are spent going to church, putzing around with the kids, getting the last of the crap done for the week ahead and mountains of laundry.  Sundays get better once school is out.  

I swear I am not always negative Nancy, it has been a brutal week and I am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.  I just wanna stay home with my babies and enjoy my time with them.  Sadly, I have to work so I soak up every moment with them on the weekends and don't want them to end.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    NeonNoonNeonNoon member
    edited May 2015
    Crazy week @Geeps2, especially with YH

We had a good week all in all. Managed to go to the grocery store twice with DS, and to Target (where he cried a lot). I'm also done with the PP OB appointments. It baffles me whenever we get to an appointment on time with DS.

I haven't driven yet, though. It's coming on 8 weeks. I have to find DS a better pacifier before I'm able to do that.

I've also gotten into a rhythm with pumping. That makes me less anxious about outings. I had to troubleshoot it some with better fitting flanges, nipple butter, and lower settings. I hope the new set up works. It was hurting before.

We've totally become THOSE parents who are excited about every little milestone. I've been trying to keep it to ourselves with the exception of the grandparents. They, however, can't contain themselves and bore everyone.

QOTW: special brunch or breakfast, lots of hanging out with DH, Sunday evening TV

ETA: I finally ordered a diaper bag! I've only obsessed about it for months. I went with a PPB backpack. It's not exactly my style but seemed to be quite practical.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Geeps2 crazy week most def for you. Here's to this week being better.
    @NeonNoon‌ have you tried the wubbanub paci? We have 2 and they are a lifesaver.

Last week wasn't so bad. My knee finally got better after falling but it is still hurting from a previous hurt. Right after I had LO it started up. I think from losing the weight so quickly after birth. At least that is what I am reading.

Weekends are usually spent hanging around the house or shopping for something the girls have to have for the upcoming week with school. And although I haven't had time this season...I love to watch Nascar after church.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    @Geeps2 so sorry about the crapy week. I hope this one is better for you!
    @NeonNoon I totally know what you mean about being "those" parents ha ha ha. I had to warn my FB friends that they better defriend me or hide my posts unless they wanted to be bombarded by pics of my baby and constant updates ;) I have gotten better now but i was all crazy about posting pics in the beginning.
    @mandyreads glad to hear your knee is doing better, hope the hurting fades!!!

Week was good. Not much happened. Our Sundays usually mean mornings in the park. I usually pack food and spend a good couple of hours there. By the time I get home DD is ready for her nap. Its a  nice way to start our day and gives DH time to work from home without distraction.
  • Options
    mattandloramattandlora member
    edited May 2015
    This week was just a blur of sleep-deprived maternity leave with 2 kids under 2, and an extended family who constantly asks for help and can't be self-sufficient adults (and apparently forgot I can't HELP THEM MOVE a few weeks after having a baby). Rant over. Plus a stomach bug made its way through our house over the weekend.

Sundays for me, assuming no stomach bugs or family realizing at the last minute that they need help moving = church, out to lunch, then nap or football or family activity (park, museum, zoo, etc). It depends on time of year, weather, and how the rest of the week went. And the evening ends with Game of Thrones, obviously

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    Hope your knee continues to heal @mandyreads. My back keeps threatening to crap out on me. I have a recurring injury there. The pregnancy hormones kept it away, but now it's fragile again.

Thx for the paci tip. I have a couple of MAM ordered. I'll check out the wubbanubs if they fail.

Hey, you made it through all that @mattandlora!
  • Options
    BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited May 2015
    @Geeps2 oh my what a week! I think you needed some wine or a shot or maybe two :) It blows my mind when MH has a cold. You think the world will end. I hear you on wanting to stay home. I went back to work at 8 weeks..she is now 12 wks and I still cry. I'm lucky she doesn't go to daycare..nothing against that just expensive but not seeing her 11 hrs everday M-F is killing me. Hugs

@NeonNoon fx you find a paci that works. McIrish sent me a wubbanub and she hates it :( We just use those big ugly ones they use in the hospital lol. Yay for finding a diaper bag!! Glad to hear pumping is going ok.

@mattandlora hope you feel better!!
    @mandyreads happy to hear your knee is healing.

I miss the bump. I'm hardly on anymore and I should make more of an effort. I'm on my bmb fb group and I feel I'm on there alot. I also try checking pro boards to see how our other friends are doing.

Mia is 12 wks now. How time flies! Nothing much going on. I just wanted to say hello :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    GuennieGuennie member
    @Geeps2 I'm so glad everything worked out with your h and his job! Sorry you had to go through all that stress! I hope your week gets better.

@NeonNoon I post absolutely everything on facebook. All I talk about anymore is my daughter. I really don't care if it bothers anyone, this is my life now and she is my world. :)

@mattandlora Ugh. People.

I've been really busy trying to keep us out of the house as much as possible so I won't sit around and think about everything. I'm mid cycle so my heart hurts thinking that I might O and we are missing it because we aren't going to try again. I'm really trying to make peace with this. It's helping keeping myself distracted but the ache is still there.

My h surprised me by suggesting we go on a hike on Sunday. It was so good for me, for us actually. We need to do more things like this as a family. I hope he will take more time with us this week while the weather is nice. The only thing I have planned is shopping and lunch with my friend and her daughter. We may try to go to the zoo Friday depending on the weather.

Sunday= Game of Thrones. That is all. :)
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Guennie said:

Sunday= Game of Thrones. That is all. :)

YUP.

Except for the other 42 weeks of the year. Then it is just empty sadness.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    Good to hear from you again @BeckyP005 :) Hope Mia is doing well.
  • Options
    What about Outlander Saturday's? Of course it is almost over this season until next year. NEXT YEAR!!! *sigh*
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sorry I haven't been here much.no time especially now that there are two places ... I wish you were all on the proboards forum! But anyway - I hope next week is better for all of you who had not-so-great last weeks.

This week was very mixed - DD turned 1 yesterday and is such a fun little person and I am so grateful to have her! And the weather was finally sunny and not freezing cold. But otherwise - school (work) sucks in many different ways and the end stretch of the school year has always stressed me out even in years when i didnt have a really difficult group of students and before our new PITA teacher evaluation system and before having a baby and now with all those things ...it's just awful. It was sure nice to miss this par of the school year due to maternity leave later year! Though I guess a plus for last week was that the PTOprovided lunch twice since it was teacher appreciation week. But then dh was being a jerk quite a bit and also Thursday was my mom's birthday and this Tuesday it will be a year since she died so that has me thinking about her and missing her a lot more than usual. Plus worried /feeling bad for my stepfather.

Sunday: starts like saturday - getting to sleep in, at least relative to school days, and having some time with DD.
    But then all of a sudden it's mid to late afternoon and there's that awful feeling that the weekend is mostly gone and I got maybe 20% done of what I should have.
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • Options
    springbeduk2springbeduk2 member
    edited May 2015
    @Geeps2 I'm glad to hear your hubs is not losing his job! I hope it continues to be a job he wants even with any changes that come with the new setup.
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!