October 2015 Moms
Options

Shrinking belly

I will be 17 weeks on Monday and yesterday and today my baby bump is significantly smaller than usual. It looks like it has shrunk quite a bit. Anybody else? Anybody know why?

Re: Shrinking belly

• Options
    It could be partly because of bloat, or baby shifted. Mine changes shape, but not size. I'm also 26weeks so most of my Bloat is gone.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and I feel my bump is pretty random for size too but I just figure it's bloat or how much I ate or if I've used the bathroom recently...today it's the biggest it's been so far so we will see what tomorrow brings :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks and my belly was smaller yesterday. For me it's the bloat. I'm looking forward to having more baby belly than bloat!
  • Options
    I'm 17weeks && I feel like I'm not as big as I should be... I'm a 2nd time mom.. I'm gonna have to ask when I go back to doctor.. I don't look pregnant at all...
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you have any constipation issues, but if you do, that could be it. I read on one of the weeks that initially the bump that is seen is generally bloat and increased bowel contents. I know this is kinda gross, but generally on days when I have a more complete BM my belly is smaller than days when I struggle with it. I've been drinking that vile fiber drink with occasional ducolate sodium if it gets really bad to minimize the constipation - I had IBS w/ constipation before I was pregnant and generally had to take senocides like max strength exlax around my period, so I've had a lot of issues with that since, particularly since I'm trying to avoid the exlax. If you feel like you're having trouble, I suggest that psyllium husk fiber drink they sell at the pharmacy. It's gritty and nasty, but it works.