Trouble TTC

Those wise ladies before me and the 2 weeks wait... of OPKs, trigger shots and clomid... PLEASE HELP

All right
I took clomid day 5-9 of cycle and was triggered on the 23rd in the morning. Ovulation occurred on the 24th/25th I think because my temp rose noticeably high up and the follicles were 18 and 20 (I had two). We have been trying for over a year and I got pregnant which unfortunately ended up in a miscarriage in October on my birthday of all days. 

Anyway, I have been testing out the shot which is 10,000 with both OPKs and HPTs and I kept getting positives for about a week after that. Yesterday, the HPT was negative. For the last 2 days, the OPKs were also negative. I did a blood test for HCG today and it is at 905 the doctor said. I don't know if it is residual HCG from the trigger shot or not but it did not show up on pregnancy test at all yesterday. Today, however, I got a very faint line on an HPT. Bear in mind I am only 8 or 9 dpo. I don't have many symptoms of pregnancy except increased appetite and lots of toilet breaks (but I attribute that to the summer and drinking lots of water; I live in a very hot country). Very slight cramps here and there. 

We timed intercourse, had sex on all days of fertility window, before and after. His sperm count was taken twice during and it is all within the normal range. We used home insem kit on the day of ovulation and a diva cup (not sure if they help at all but nice to keep the mess away anyway) 

So now I am faced with the dilemma of the negative OPKs and the one day negative HPT that turned positive the day after (albeit very faint). Is there a chance I am pregnant or is it more likely to be the shot messing me up (though I tested it with HPTs more than once and saw the line fading gradually) 

I am really hoping that this is our month. I am 29 and he is 28, but I always had problems with ovulation and after a rough year we decided to see a doctor. Next week, I will take another blood test to see if the HCG level has risen or not but next week is so far away and I am doing it at the GP. Not due to see the gyno until the 11th which would be the due date for my period

Please anyone with any experience in this area, help a wanna-be mummy who is trying desperately hard

Re: Those wise ladies before me and the 2 weeks wait... of OPKs, trigger shots and clomid... PLEASE HELP

• I am adding this file for reference.... the HPTs.... the OPKs are either gone or were digital so
  • We've all had lots of experience with this.  The reality is, you will not know for certain until more time passes.   The TWW is very crazy-making.   Continue to test daily to see if your line gets darker or not.

If it does, it would be best to announce your pregnancy on the 1st Tri board, not here, as that would be considered a 'drive by'.  Good luck to you and I hope that it works out for you!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Loading the player...
  • Here's my advice: don't test out. I did it last cycle clomid, injections and iui. I tested positive from 3-7 dpo then nothing on 8 dpo or 9 dpo. Then positive again on 10 dpo. The lines got darker each day. I'm not pregant it was a HUGE let down. You are adding more stress and worry. If you are preggo will get a positive test after 12 dpo. From what I've read you test out usually by 10 dpo but waiting til after your missed period is most accurate. FX that this is you bfp.
  • Thanks for the replies ladies. I think I got implantation bleeding but I am not quite sure.