December 2015 Moms
Options

I love sea bands!

I have been so sick to my stomach the past day and a half. Laid in bed all day today and could only eat toast. Tonight I went to the pharmacy to get the sea bands and they started working in 20 minutes! I was actually able to eat dinner with my kiddos tonight. Yay!

Re: I love sea bands!

• Options
    Jul768Jul768 member
    I bought a set today and have been wearing mine all day and have noticed a difference! The real test will be tomorrow morning. Will you be wearing yours all the time? I didn't know if I should take them off at night while I sleep or not, probably will!
  • Options
    cario80cario80 member
    Inwas wondering about when to take them off. My sickness doesn't usually start until I wake up but lasts all day. I will try taking them off tonight and see how it goes! I am just so thrilled to not be in pain and nauseous. I never throw up just have this heavy-weight in my stomach without the bands. Sweet relief!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg thanks for this post! I think I will go buy some, I had no idea these even existed. Where can I buy some?
  • Options
    cario80cario80 member
    I got mine at Rita Aid...they were buy one pack get one free and they only cost $11!
  • Options
    Thank you! I'm deff going to buy these today!
  • Options
    cario80cario80 member
    I just read that it is good to take them off at night and put them on before you get out of bed. They seem to be more effective this way. When worn constantly they lose effects during the day. I hope they work for everyone else as well as they have for me. I feel like a different person! Now I am not so worried how I will make it through work this weekend
  • Options
    Jul768Jul768 member
    Thanks for the information! I have been feeling the same feelings with the sickness as you. Luckily I have been off work the past few days so I can deal with the sickness but was worried about next week. I will be so happy to be past this phase :) I bought mine at Walmart for $9.00, they were $15 at Walgreens!
  • Options
    I love mine! I found mine at Walgreens but CVS has them too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So I just bought them at cvs, but how do I know if I'm even wearing them the right way? Lol I feel like it's working and then I get the sudden urge to puke
  • Options
    amwillaamwilla member
    edited May 2015
    Omgosh, I spent weeks being nauseous and sick and then I got sea bands and they've made such a difference! You wouldn't think they would but they do. I've been wearing them everyday and the one day I didn't, I started feeling sick again. Best invention ever!
  • Options
    amwillaamwilla member
    There should be a diagram with instructions in the box the sea bands came in, showing you where the ball should sit on your wrist. You use your pinky and index finger to determine the location. If it's not in the box, I recommend googling "sea band" and it should show you.
  • Options
    Cjaff70Cjaff70 member
    Definitely going to try this
  • Options
    Are sea bands the same as psi bands?
  • Options

Are sea bands the same as psi bands?

I don't know...but sea bands are kind of like tight sweat bands for your wrists. They have a plastic knob on the inside that presses into the pressure point on your wrist to ease nausea. They really help lighten mine ms, doesn't go away fully, but helps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    merci81merci81 member
    It's hit or miss. I'm not sure it's working. I still feel nauseous but sometimes I don't. :((
  • Options
    I take mine off to shower and get ready in the morning and that's it. When they are off, I notice a difference in the strength of my nausea after about 15-20 minutes. I sleep with them and wear them all day save for those showers. When I feel my nausea picking up, I rub the balls and that seems to help minimize it. If they start to lose their effectiveness, I'll speak to my OB.

My only problem has been ensuring I have sleeves long enough to hide them when I'm at work. I don't feel like questions. Lol
  • Options
    Is anyone else finding them uncomfortable to wear??
  • Options

Admittedly they were pretty uncomfortable when I first started wearing them. However, I was desperate for relief, so I counted it as a loss. I also stretched them a bit (like you would with a new pair of pantyhose) and that made a difference.

I barely notice them now.
  • Options

Admittedly they were pretty uncomfortable when I first started wearing them. However, I was desperate for relief, so I counted it as a loss. I also stretched them a bit (like you would with a new pair of pantyhose) and that made a difference.

I barely notice them now.
    Thanks ☺️ I will try and tough it out. I was nauseous from about 11pm last night and it hasn't let up. Worst it's been so far. Normally I'll feel sick first thing in the morning, before lunch, late Arvo then late at night. But I get breaks in between.
  • Options
    I just got some yesterday and I feel like a basketball player or a punk kid wearing them. Not the most fashionable but they are helping a little
  • Options
    clm1220clm1220 member
    you guys are lifesavers! these things are amazing!!
  • Options
    Going to have to buy some tomorrow!