Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

What to do about changing table- DD will be 2 this month, having another in Sept?

I bought a second changing table from a thrift store for my daughter, but she pulled on the drawer, and it almost toppled on top of her. I am going to resell it, but I wonder if I should bother buying her another one that doesn't have a drawer for her to pull on, maybe a heavier one.  She is quite the wiggle-worm, and she will run away with a naked bum if I try to change her on the floor. She is not anywhere near ready for potty-training, but I worry that she will pull the changing table on herself during the night, even if it doesn't have a drawer to pull on. 
Anniversary

Re: What to do about changing table- DD will be 2 this month, having another in Sept?

• Options

You put your 2 year old on a changing table?! Wow. My son was far too big for that after about 9 months old. I don't even put my 7 month old on a changing table.

I wouldn't bother getting another one. Just use the floor and hold her down really good. That's what I did.

• Options
    nofrogsnofrogs member
    Yeah, she is a tiny one. I guess most kiddos her age wouldn't fit. She's always been in the 1st or 2nd percentile for height, 10th for weight.
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We change on the floor as well. Would perhaps changing her on the coach or bed work if you want her to be a bit more confined ? I also wouldn't buy another/different changing table due to she will out grow it very soon or be potty trained soon where she's two, even though she is no where ready for that now perhaps in a month or so things could change drastically.
  • Options
    Could u secure the changing table to the wall using furniture straps so she couldn't pull it over? U could take the drawer out altogether, or nail it shut.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mhwoodmhwood member
    We still use our change table for our almost 17 month old.

It's a combination dresser, change table, and shelving from Ikea. We anchored it to the wall and put in drawer locks.
  • Options
    If I were in your position, I would buy something. I like the idea of just buying a low dresser and putting the changing pad on top of it. I wish I had done that instead of an actual changing table. That way you have a dresser that your child can use forever, not just a changing table that is useless once everyone is potty trained.

BabyGaga

• Options
    We have a dresser with a changing pad and still use it most of the time (DS is 16 months). The dresser is secured to the wall and all drawers have baby proof latches (DS loves drawers too)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have only changed my three kids on a changing table a handful of times. I think they are a waste of money.
  • Options
    nofrogs said:

Yeah, she is a tiny one. I guess most kiddos her age wouldn't fit. She's always been in the 1st or 2nd percentile for height, 10th for weight.

My princess is 14 months and in those same percentiles for her age babies. I wouldn't bother buying another changing table though. We rarely use hers anymore, but I do have a changing pad in my living room as well as another one in her room that I use to change her on.