December 2015 Moms
Options

Excited but Nervous?

Hi ladies- does anyone else feel this way? This is my first and I'm so excited but also quite hesitant because I know about the things that can go wrong. I've had many friends affected by m/c and my heart goes out to them. I wish I could be as excited as I want but until I reach that 12-13 week mark, I'm quite nervous! I'm a worrier by nature so I'm not surprised I'm going through this! Every little ache or pain, I find myself on Google (which doesn't always help!)

Re: Excited but Nervous?

• Options
    I feel like the majority of us are feeling this way! You are not alone mama
  • Options
    I totally understand how you feel. I had a MC in Feb, and I just recently found out I'm almost 6wks along. Obviously there is a possibility for the worst to happen but don't ponder on it to much. Be Optimistic and Hopeful (I am trying to as well) Wishing you the best:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally feel you! I'm 8 weeks tomorrow but those hesitant thoughts creep in more frequently than I'd like for sure. I drive myself crazy sometimes. I'm not sure the worrying will ever get better even after they are born lol :)
  • Options
    Thank you @313Meg and @Baby3oo! Congratulations to you both and I'm so sorry for your loss @Baby3oo. Sending you both the best vibes!
  • Options
    @jsl1983- I think you have that right! A good friend of mine told me that the worrying never stops once you're a mama! So many emotions we're all going through! Wishing you all the best! :)
  • Options
    kahiekahie member
    Definitely not alone, I need to find a positive distraction! I find myself googling my worries - not good!
  • Options
    Same here @kahie! I need a hobby or for someone to take away my phone!
  • Options
    I definitely feel the same way. I know a lot of us do. The best advice that I have gotten, even though it is much easier said than done, is to remember that you're pregnant right now and to enjoy your pregnancy :-)
  • Options
    kahiekahie member
    I've heard of an app called Positive Pregnancy - for guided meditation, I might try it!!
  • Options
    Great advice @Knottie1427773476 and @kahie! I'm going to try both! I love that though- "remember you're pregnant right now and enjoy it." Such wonderful words! :)
  • Options
    I'm 6 weeks and 6 days. 7 weeks tomorrow and I am feeling the exact SAME way! My 1st doctor appointment isn't for another 3 weeks too. I find myself constantly googling too. Best of luck!
  • Options
    @taylor10414- yes! My appt isn't for another two weeks and I'm driving myself nuts. Just want to get to a point where I can take a deep breathe. Although, as said earlier in the post- I guess we should get used to a lifetime of worrying now!
  • Options
    Me too!! Second pregnancy first one ended in mc at 9w3d baby was only measuring around 6w.. Now I'm completely flipping I'll be 9w3d tomorrow.. Part of me wishes I was like my cousins wife who found out when she was 11 weeks, didn't know how far along she was till what she thought was her first trimester us to find out she was 14 almost 15 weeks, lucky chick...
  • Options
    nfkellynfkelly member
    @susiaustin- I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c! Sending you the best vibes! :x
  • Options
    Many, many of us are right there with you!
    Me: 33, DH: 32  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @susiaustin I felt petrified on the same day I had my m/c before... Even though it was very early. Hopefully you get some good rest tonight!
  • Options
    @Knottie1427773476 unfortunately not. SO sweetly decided to finish the laundry and clean up some of the downstairs, he's off today, so he didn't come up to the bedroom till 3 am effectively waking me up, when I was already having issues going to sleep until 11 last night, so nope been up since 3 and I'm exhausted... Praying to make it through today at work with no tears
  • Options
    abuck83abuck83 member
    I know how you feel! I worry cuz I think I should "feel pregnant" and so far I have minimal symptoms. I can't wait till my doctor's appt. I just keep trying to tell myself to not miss out on this exciting special time because I'm busy worrying. Easier said than done, right? Good luck!