November 2015 Moms

feeling flutters 10weeks

first pregnancy. I feel like I can definitely feel something moving. is it too early? I feel like I'm losing it lol

Re: feeling flutters 10weeks

• You will know when it's your baby. You'll have no doubt in your mind. It's coming. Best feeling in the world. Congratulations!
  • Loading the player...
  • This early in your first pregnancy it's most likely still gas, but I could be wrong. 
    June Siggy Challenge image
  • Gas during my pregnancy feels different from other times. If you're looking for flutters it would be easy to mistake it. But it's definitely gas this early. Your home page tells you a reference to how big the baby is currently.
  • lekkslekks member
    edited May 2015
  • Cook3133Cook3133 member
    edited May 2015
    I felt a flutter yesterday! 12wks 3d. Since this is definitely not my 1st I am positive it was baby. Felt just like a little butterfly. It was pretty awesome. My last pregnancy I didn't feel him until 15-16 weeks. When they start to get consistent you can look back and go "oh ya that was baby moving" I always loved getting verification when I was getting an ultra sound and I could feel and then see them move.
  • nano1nano1 member
    This is my second pregnancy and I'm not sure I could tell the difference between gas bubbles and baby flutters at this point, but some people are just shaped differently and maybe it's easier to tell the difference for some. It's such a neat experience!
  • Sorry chick it's probably just gas or your own heart beat some people can feel theirs in their stomach I couldn't tell at first with my daughter but if you wait a couple more weeks you'll just know it's your baby with does feel like a poot this early lol
  • LSRooLSRoo member
    skabanak said:

@EllaStaxx if you have nothing nice to say just keep scrolling and stop trolling.

Hi =))
  • My first pregnancy I felt my daughter at about 15-16 weeks and then felt her kicks at 17 weeks... This pregnancy I felt flutters at 10 weeks 4 days and thought it was just gas but now at 11 weeks 3 days I'm positive that I'm feeling my little one moving around... I felt the baby moving and sure enough that's exactly where he/she was on the ultrasound.
  • I know it's really new and exciting, especially with a first pregnancy to be unsure of what those feelings are! As the other POLITE ladies have said...it's most likely gas right now. When you feel your baby start moving and kicking you will DEFINITELY be able to pinpoint that feeling!

• abz86abz86 member
    I read somewhere that in twin pregnancies you can feel movement much earlier, I'm 11 weeks with my second and I'm positive I felt movement... Now I've convinced myself it's twins haha everyone is different but you are the expert of your body.
  • EllaStaxx said:

VexyMommy said:

Why don't we make all topics about feeling the baby at 10 weeks?

EllaStaxx said:

N15 defies science. Everyone here started showing at 5 weeks and they felt the baby at 10 weeks. You're on track for this group.

Perhaps I have different ideas about what is rude and what is not than you do, but I'm not sure how else you would describe these comments.  I don't mean to start anything with anyone, but comments like this and many others with the same level of snark run potential contributors away from these forums.  I'm not asking for everything to be rainbows and kittens.  Legitimate disagreements about things come up, but why needlessly snipe at people for being excited?
    I stated a fact. I've been in 3 BMBs and never before have so many ladies started showing so early or feeling the baby so early. I see nothing wrong with stating a fact. All of my other BMBs didn't feel baby until much later and didn't show until much later. Fact.
    Wait.... so all these "facts" are based on your observations based on BMB comments? I would call those anecdotes. Instead of getting your nose out of joint pointing out the same "facts" over and over why don't you and some of the other scientists look up some legit sources and ask to have them pinned to the top of the board and just refer people there when these questions come up again and again? Stating facts without backing them up is pointless.
  • LSRooLSRoo member

EllaStaxx said:

VexyMommy said:

Why don't we make all topics about feeling the baby at 10 weeks?

EllaStaxx said:

N15 defies science. Everyone here started showing at 5 weeks and they felt the baby at 10 weeks. You're on track for this group.

Perhaps I have different ideas about what is rude and what is not than you do, but I'm not sure how else you would describe these comments.  I don't mean to start anything with anyone, but comments like this and many others with the same level of snark run potential contributors away from these forums.  I'm not asking for everything to be rainbows and kittens.  Legitimate disagreements about things come up, but why needlessly snipe at people for being excited?
    I stated a fact. I've been in 3 BMBs and never before have so many ladies started showing so early or feeling the baby so early. I see nothing wrong with stating a fact. All of my other BMBs didn't feel baby until much later and didn't show until much later. Fact.
    Wait.... so all these "facts" are based on your observations based on BMB comments? I would call those anecdotes. Instead of getting your nose out of joint pointing out the same "facts" over and over why don't you and some of the other scientists look up some legit sources and ask to have them pinned to the top of the board and just refer people there when these questions come up again and again? Stating facts without backing them up is pointless.
    I didn't say it was a published fact. It is still a fact because it absolutely happened. They didn't show it feel the baby as early as these ladies. If I had lunch yesterday its a fact. It doesn't matter that it wasn't published somewhere. I will call it an experience if that makes you feel better.
  • A couple of thoughts.  In the next month or two the baby vs. gas posts will be pretty much behind us as it will pretty much be baby at that point. 

Second, can we petition a moderator to let someone make an FAQ post that stays at the top and can not be commented on with issues like this and some of the ones that will come up soon such as heartburn relief, sleep positions or other things that I'm not remembering right now?  (Last time I was pregnant was over 9yrs ago, I've forgotten a lot and haven't looked up future issues yet.)  Perhaps that post could have links to medical articles or at least wiki pages that are on topic.  That way we could just say please see the FAQ instead of everyone getting their noses out of joint when these topics come up?

For posts that we find on topic, interesting and relevant maybe we could post "bump" or some other place holding type comment so that they stay near the top and are noticed by more people if we find they're getting buried. 
  • @VexyMommy unfortunately, a "sticky" thread for faq sometimes doesn't make a bit of difference and you still get the multiple posts on the same topic.
    Off BC since January 2012/TTC #1 since April 2012
    October 2013 IUI #1 - 5mg femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    November 2013 IUI #2 - 5mg femara + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Crinone = 12/16/13 FIRST EVER BFP!!!  DD Blaire Noelle 8/26/14
    Surprise!  2 under 2 is happening!  Due 12/5/15 (updated)

• True, but it might curb some of it and it would give an informative place to point those people.  Also if we don't constantly respond to a topic it gets buried so being able to say, please read the FAQ 1 time would bury the post pretty fast. 
  • urby87urby87 member
    edited May 2015
    Htheo said:

where is this group of nicer women? I'm desperate for some support and these women are just awful :(

Your previous threads seem to have quite a bit of positivity and camaraderie in the responses.  Are you concerned about thinking you feel the baby?  Does it scare you?  What kind of support are you looking for in this thread?  It's probably gas at this point.  Even 13 weeks is early for a first pregnancy.