November 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone thinking about a babymoon??

So all this planning, nesting, and worrying about baby while working full-time has me pretty ready for a babymoon! Any other moms-to-be thinking about the same thing? What destinations are you considering? Budget friendly, please :)

Re: Anyone thinking about a babymoon??

• Options
    LSRooLSRoo member
    edited April 2015
    My husband is taking me to a spa this weekend. I am so fricking excited!
  • Options
    I am thinking Argentina. My friend went there on her honeymoon and said it was super inexpensive and it looked amazing! I haven't actually looked at pricing for myself yet, so I don't know what her definition of inexpensive is. Good luck! You will enjoy whatever you end up doing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmd91kmd91 member
    I wish. If we weren't living in Hawaii at the moment I might consider a little weekend getaway. However, being on a small island doesn't really give us the opportunity to say, drive to some weekend getaway destination, so knowing it would require us to fly somewhere, it's by no means a practical option for us. We are better off just saving money for baby expenses.
  • Options
    kmd91kmd91 member

kmd91 said:

I wish. If we weren't living in Hawaii at the moment I might consider a little weekend getaway. However, being on a small island doesn't really give us the opportunity to say, drive to some weekend getaway destination, so knowing it would require us to fly somewhere, it's by no means a practical option for us. We are better off just saving money for baby expenses.

Omg you basically live on a baby moon!! I am sooo seriously jealous!
    Haha, I promise you living here is nowhere near as nice as going on a vacation here. We are excited for when we get to be back on the mainland. But, I will say I am grateful for the access to the beach and the decent weather.
  • Options
    We definitely are thinking of something! I can't decide where I want to go and have to wait to get the clearance from the doctor to fly... I have a small SCH Bleed right now, so I need that to clear up before we can book any flights. I'm thinking somewhere coastal with lots of good food! By 6 months I think your appetite should really start to pick up :) maybe Cannon Beach & Portland Oregon.
  • Options
    I'm in Houston, TX I am leaning towards driving to Destin, FL. It's a 9 hour dr, and destin is just as beautiful, plenty activities and within budget.
  • Options
    We are not planning one this time, but I highly recommend Scottsdale/Phoenix. We went out last year while I was pregnant with my daughter and there is a lot to do for any type of personality. Baseball, golf, day trips nearby are great (Sedona, etc) and tons of great spas that cater to moms to be.
    Off BC since January 2012/TTC #1 since April 2012
    October 2013 IUI #1 - 5mg femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    November 2013 IUI #2 - 5mg femara + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Crinone = 12/16/13 FIRST EVER BFP!!!  DD Blaire Noelle 8/26/14
    Surprise!  2 under 2 is happening!  Due 12/5/15 (updated)

• Options
    I used to live in Scottsdale and would not recommend it if you are planning your baby moon around July or August. Temps will be in the 100's.
  • Options
    My husband's family has a cottage on an island called Put-in-bay in Ohio. It's a 9 hour drive from here. Hoping it will be like the movie "Dirty Dancing". Gonna be me and my bump in a bikini, silk kimono, laying in the sun with cold drinks all day. Every day. Can't wait! :D

FTM due 11/06/2015
    Married 09/21/2013
  • Options

I used to live in Scottsdale and would not recommend it if you are planning your baby moon around July or August. Temps will be in the 100's.

Yes - sorry. Should have said I went in May!
    Off BC since January 2012/TTC #1 since April 2012
    October 2013 IUI #1 - 5mg femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    November 2013 IUI #2 - 5mg femara + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Crinone = 12/16/13 FIRST EVER BFP!!!  DD Blaire Noelle 8/26/14
    Surprise!  2 under 2 is happening!  Due 12/5/15 (updated)

• Options
    Ugh I want to go somewhere so bad! But will have to be a weekend trip because I need to save up my pto for maternity leave...maybe a spa, though my hubby would hate it lol
  • Options
    Absolutely! We already booked ours for San Juan Puerto Rico :) I think any type of getaway big or small is a positive thing to do with your SO before baby arrives!
  • Options
    Vegas!! Lol jk.
    we live in Santa Barnard California which is pretty nice..but I hate the beach :/ maybe a trip to Disneyland?
  • Options
    We won't be able to afford any actual trips, but my parents have property on the coast so I'm hoping to have lots of weekend camping trips. I might be able to talk DH into a motel at some point, but money is pretty tight so we'll see.
  • Options
    I'm planning a long weekend to the redwoods in Cali in August. Can't wait to relax and get excited for baby.
  • Options
    Denver for my birthday weekend - so excited!
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    We live in Australia and plan on going to either Fiji or Thailand at the end of June as a babymoon/30th birthday trip. So excited. I just want to sit by the pool or beach with a book while never having to cook or clean and get a massage every day. Heaven!
  • Options
    I guess you could call it a babymoon...we're doing Dallas for a baseball game. It'll be the first time away from my DD (overnight)...I'll be a nervous wreck but it's only 3 hours from home and we only plan on staying two nights. We haven't planned anything beyond the baseball game and the date so far though.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    We are going to Hawaii!
  • Options
    We're going to Jamaica! Of course, it was planned pre-baby (we have a wedding there), but it couldn't come at a better time!
  • Options
    We are planning to go to our family condo in Naples FL, hoping we can get some cheap flights and enjoy a long weekend on the beach!
  • Options
    My family has a vacation home in the Smokies. I think I need to hide in the forest and sit by the campfire for our baby moon. :)
  • Options
    We are going on a short cruise to Cozumel at the end of May with DD. this was planned pre-pregnancy for August but we had to move it up when we got the good news. They will not let you cruise past 24 weeks. Turned out to be $400 cheaper. Win!!
  • Options
    We have been traveling a lot since last year but I think I want to fully stop after 20 weeks. We have one more planned trip to NY where I will be coming back at 16 weeks and then I'm hoping no more. The traveling after 20 weeks a my first pregnancy took a toll on my body! This time if I want a vacation, I'll go to the spa or the beach ( we re in south Fl )
  • Options
    One of my best friends is getting married in mid June in Salt Lake City. I'm in the wedding. Before I got pregnant we had decided we were leaving our daughter with my parents and taking a week and going to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. I used to live in Idaho so we will go through there as well.
    I'm looking forward to an unplugged week of beautiful scenery!
  • Options
    I really wanted to plan a nice trip for us, but time just got away from me and now I'm worried about saving every hour of PTO for my maternity leave. We are going to the beach for a week with DH family. Our anniversary happens to come at the end of that week, so we got a nice riverfront hotel in Wilmington for a couple nights to celebrate. I think that will be the extent of my babymoon. :/
  • Options
    We are going to Disney with our six year old next month and going to the Caribbean with him in July. We like taking him with us and having my mom come so we can get a night or afternoon to ourselves. I imagine we will take a couple more trips before baby comes but not sure we will take any solo trips.
    DS- June 2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    There is a place about 3 hours north of us up in the mountains (Colorado). It's a natural hot spring, very quiet and relaxing. You rent these adorable, very simple cabins that have basically a bed a a fireplace and there is a grill so you can bring your own meals. Very much our pace and only $75 a night! Hoping to go for two nights in June.
  • Options
    My girls are older and go to a spend the night camp for 10 days over 4th of July.  I live in Savannah, GA and we've got access to a boat.  We're probably going to go out to one of the islands and camp out for the weekend. 
    June Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    I am planning on going to Myrtle Beach SC. Stay at a nice resort right near the beach and relax! 
  • Options
    I live in Los Angeles so we're going to Catalina island for a long weekend. We are in a wedding in September in Pensacola, so saving money for that.

xoxo g
  • Options
    My husband and I are going to Jamaica.. I plan on spending a lot of time in my bikini hopefully I have atleast some bump to show :D
    My husband is not so excited about just sitting at the beach but he sure is about the unlimited drinks and food throughout the island ..It will be fun.. This is our honeymoon/Babymoon
  • Options
    We will be going to Destin for a week in August.
    Married: 6.28.14
    TTC #1: 2.1.15
    BFP: 2.23.15 EDD: 11.6.15  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    dalziendalzien member
    lol we're going camping in an area that is frequented with black bears and rattlesnakes thanks to hubby... So excited!!    -_-
  • Options
    We probably won't do anything since our fir alone trip since DS resulted in these twins. I may take DS out to MD (I'm in the Midwest) to see all my family since I have elderly relatives who can't fly. I'm stupid so I'd be flying alone around 18 weeks with a 1 yr old.
  • Options

My husband's family has a cottage on an island called Put-in-bay in Ohio. It's a 9 hour drive from here. Hoping it will be like the movie "Dirty Dancing". Gonna be me and my bump in a bikini, silk kimono, laying in the sun with cold drinks all day. Every day. Can't wait! :D

I live right on the coast of Lake Erie in Sandusky, near Put-in-Bay and I love it!
    Some weeks it can have a real party atmosphere, if you want to get away for the day there is a very relaxed island, Kelley's, that's a 25-30 minute boat trip away! And it has amazing food!
  • Options
    elbouelbou member
    It's not exactly a babymoon, but friends of ours are getting married in Greece this summer (two days after our anniversary!) so we've been planning a trip there. I'm hoping MH and I will have worked out our issues by then, so I can still go.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We are going to the Bahamas in July Sandals resort!!! Can't wait to relax on the beach and watch my husband drink all day :(