1st Trimester
Options

Bump - When will I get one??

blissmadonnablissmadonna member
edited April 2015 in 1st Trimester
Hi ladies! My name is Bliss and I'm a first time expecting mother. Only early days - I'm 5 weeks and 3 days. Already excited about a baby bump so just wondering what's the average/when do you start looking like you're pregnant and not just bloated!?

Re: Bump - When will I get one??

• Options
    It was about 21-22 weeks for me with both of my previous pregnancies.  Probably closer to 24 weeks when it was obvious to the outside world.
  • Options
    My sister was super skinny and she started showing around the end of the third month but really got her bump on by the 20th week. I'm only 8 weeks and nothing from me yet, I also wonder how soon I'll start showing, and how long till I get past the part where I just look like I have a big gut instead of a baby in me lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2nd trimester. The uterus is still a pelvic organ until 12 (ish) weeks.
  • Options
    Sometime in second tri. Bump was visible to close friends and family around 20 weeks but strangers didn't start noticing until 26 weeks.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies
  • Options
    So apparently you don't show (normally) until at least 14 weeks or so. If you're a first time mom, it's later. If you've done it before, it shows earlier.. some kind of muscle memory or something like that. But i think if you're small, you show earlier simply because ANY change in your hip and stomach size is really noticeable. 

Melissadmag, I'm in a similar boat as your sister. I'm really small. And I'm 6 weeks and change and I already have a tiny buddha belly. But that could easily be due to gas which has been pretty much constant since i got pregs. I'm not sure as this is my first. I don't know what to expect. All i know is that i don't like a constricting waistband - already.