Baby Names

Already name obsessed!

I'm 7 weeks! Too early, I know, but I can't help it. My husband, not so much. 

Anyway, two questions for the group.

- We agreed years ago on Anna for a girl. My middle name is Noelle and I love Anna Noelle. But, is it too close to Anna Nicole (Smith?) My last name is nothing remotely like Smith, but still ..

- Any boys names below stand out? My husband's favorites from this list are Carter and Jack. I like both, but Jack seems very, very common.

Adam
Austin
Bradley
Carter
Derek
Dylan
Jacob
Jack
Justin
Nicholas
Zachary

Re: Already name obsessed!

• LOVE Anna Noelle!

only boy name i really like form your list is Nicholas, some of them are nice, some nms
  • Anna Noelle is really pretty! I would never associate it with Anna Nichole Smith. 
  • Loading the player...
  • That's funny! Nicholas is my top 2, but I think it's lower down for my husband. Thanks for the feedback!
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    I think Anna Noelle is nice and not too close to Anna Nicole Smith at all...if your last name was Smith then maybe

I actually love Jack. I also like Zachary
  • I immediately thought Anna Nicole (sorry). If it might bother you than you should probably change up the combo.

I like Adam! I think it is underused. Jack is overdone IMO.
  • Anna Noelle is great, you'll only get Anna Nichole comments if your last name is Smith (which it isn't, ) and if you insist on constantly calling her Anna Noelle, as opposed to just using the middle name when she's in trouble.

As for you boy names.

Adam - Keep
    Austin - Toss
    Bradley - Enh. Toss
    Carter - Trendy. Toss.
    Derek - NMS, but keep
    Dylan - Trendy. Toss
    Jacob - NMS. Toss
    Jack - Don't care for it as a given name.
    Justin - Enh. Toss
    Nicholas - Keep
    Zachary - Keep
  • I like Anna noelle. And I wouldn't have made any associations if I wasn't thinking about it.
    The only boys names I'd say keep are Nicholas and Zachary. They're not as popular for babies now as they used to be (all the guys I know with those two names are 18+)
  • I think Anna Noelle is fine. I wouldn't think Anna Nicole, especialky if you aren't calling her my a double name.

I love Carter.
  • I never would have made the Anna Nicole association if you hadn't mentioned it. Anna Noelle is a beautiful name.

For boys I love Zachary. Adam sounds too matchy with Anna (in case you have a girl down the road), Jacob is a favorite of mine but super popular.
  • Anna Noelle is beautiful. I don't think people will think Anna Nicole. As for boy's names:

Adam - Like
    Austin - NMS
    Bradley - LOVE
    Carter - Trendy
    Derek - NMS
    Dylan - NMS
    Jacob - Meh
    Jack - Love, but it is getting so popular
    Justin - Meh
    Nicholas - Meh
    Zachary - LOVE

So, I think that means I think Zachary or Bradley are your best choices :)
  • I like Derek but DH vetoed because his best friend has the name.

Anna Noelle is pretty and since your last name isn't Smith.... I think you're safe.

I considered Anna because DS is 1 and would be able to say it!
  • People probably won't remember Anna Nicole Smith for that long anyway. It doesn't really sound the same, especially since you said your last name isn't similar at all.
  • lnbk1215lnbk1215 member
    edited April 2015
    Thank you everyone!!! I'll let you know what we decide ... possibly 30+ weeks from now :)
  • I think Anna Noelle is fine. I would not have made any connection to Anna Nicole, had you not mentioned it.

Out of the boy names, I like Zachary and Bradley the most. The others are Okay.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Love your names I am 23 weeks pregnant and I am having a girl and I will be naming her Emerie Mi I love that name but how do you like it ?
  • Eddilynnn said:

Love your names I am 23 weeks pregnant and I am having a girl and I will be naming her Emerie Mi I love that name but how do you like it ?

Emery is masculine. 

Mi? Just Mi? Seems more like two letters thrown together than a name. Maybe Mina or Mila or Maya? It's also very rhymey with Emery/Emily. 

Emily Marie
    Emmaline Mila
    Emma 
  • Love Jack! Would use it if I could, but have a nephew named Jackson. Anna Noelle is beautiful and not too close.
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I like Nicholas the most.
  • I would never think of Anna Nicole Smith (unless your last name was Smith).
  • MrsCFBMrsCFB member

I like Anna Noelle!  I don't think of Anna Nicole Smith.

From your boy name list, I like Nicholas the best.