July 2015 Moms

Daily GD testing numbers

I have my 1 hour glucose test tomorrow, but I have been poking my fingers in the past few days after meals to see what they look like. They have all been within range, but I have a feeling that I will fail the 1 hour test as I did in my last two pregancies, along with the 3 hour testing.

So today, I had a Boritto bawl with everything in it from Chipotle. When I tested after an hour from eating, my result came back 115 ( also had some chocolate) and I thought i was going to me much more than that, because of the rice and chocolate. I tested again an hour after that, and it jumped up to 140! How can this be? Why do doctor's tell us to test an hour after starting a meal but then as in my case, the sugar levels jump after two hours?

How do you ladies test your sugar levels, an hour or two hours after starting a meal?

Re: Daily GD testing numbers

• I always test before I eat and 2 hours after. Then again, it also depends on the person and the doctor. I wouldn't stress too much. It isn't a guarantee that you will get it in this pregnancy even though you got it in your last 2. But just make sure you keep a healthy meal plan and exercise and I'm sure it will be ok :) even if you do get it in this pregnancy, talk to your doctor and see what you can do :D good luck!
  • Because some peoples sugar levels spike after 2 hours instead of 1. There are tons of people that have to test 2 hours after for that reason. I test after 1 because that's when my body spikes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies! I took the sugar test today, wish me luck in passing it! I find out the results tomorrow :)