August 2015 Moms
Options

Husband acting odd. Is mine the only one?

My husband hadscompletely changed. He is super helpful around the house,Being super comforting when I'm uncomfortable, has stopped nagging me for sex, And just support suppotive. Not that he was a complete tool before my pregnancy just young and didn't seem to understand how hard this has been for me.

Any one else's husband changing their behavior?

I hope it continues when baby arrives because that my biggest fear right now.

Re: Husband acting odd. Is mine the only one?

• Options
    I had a day off work yesterday so I decided to clean the house. Husband got home and apologized for being useless and told me how much he appreciated everything I did. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, thanks? Haha. He is ridiculously excited about the baby, but always apologizes for "doing this" to me. Maybe they just feel guilty for eating and doing whatever the heck they want while we get to sit in Dr offices and try not to puke or cry.
  • Options
    My hubby has changed in certain ways. He still wants sex a lot but super understanding when I'm not feeling up to it. My favorite thing is when he tickles my back. And yesterday when we came home I was so hot i laid down on the bed and he pulled up my shirt and started tickling me. He's always been super loving to me but I think now he's even more loving and understanding of what I go through. When I'm sick he always says how he wishes he could take it away from me. Makes me fall more in love every time
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband has been a bit more understanding too. I'm thinking it has a lot to do with how much I'm showing now. He sees the evidence of my pregnancy right there whereas before, I didn't really "look" pregnant so maybe it was harder to sympathize.

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wish this were the case. Maybe I will see a change sometime soon. He is just not very sympathetic about anything, nor does he show much excitement about anything. I mean he doesn't let me lift heavy things which is good I suppose lol but that's it thus far.
  • Options
    kat+1kat+1 member
    Sounds to me he had a chat with another man or woman and found out just what you are going through. Good for your hubby. Sometime it's better to hear things from others then your spouse because they seem more real. At least that's my experience.

Way to go hubby keep up the good work and don't for get to give him loads of positive praise and maybe a few thank you hand written notes for all that he is doing.

Once baby arrives you both will be able to share the responsibility of care so it gets better, and plus you will not be pregnant anymore so you will have more energy to do things .