July 2015 Moms
Options

Bedding set - comforters

If you bought a bedding set, what are you going to do with the comforter?

I've seen a lot of google/stock images that have the comforter hanging off the crib, but I kind of feel that doing that would have the same concerns as having a bumper in the crib.

I love our comforter, so we'll probably end up hanging it on his nursery wall but I wanted to see if anyone has any other ideas!

Re: Bedding set - comforters

• Options
    Yes, you should not hang the comforter off the crib while baby is in there, for the same reason that you shouldn't use the bumpers.

We are planning on using it for when baby is on the floor, for things like tummy time, and maybe for snuggling. :) My SIL hung hers on the wall and it looked nice like that...I just don't have the wall space for it.
  • Options
    gotdiesel2007gotdiesel2007 member
    edited April 2015
    I threw mine in a closet until we transitioned to a toddler bed. I didn't but one this time around tho bc it's basically useless. We just bought sheets.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just buying sheets and crib ruffle ... never used our comforter.  However, they are cute and it brings all the bedding pieces together, so maybe draping on a chair in the room?
  • Options
    I was just talking about this yesterday. I was wondering if we should even bother getting one. By the time she's a toddler I'll probably want to buy something else anyway. I've bought a few blankets for tummy time and floor time already so we probably will forego the comforter.
  • Options
    We have one that was part of a set but we planned from the beginning to hang it on the wall. It matches perfectly with the color of the room and with the crib sheets we plan to use starting out.
  • Options
    We're not bothering with a bedding set but ai have seen people use the comforters for tummy time or even as wall decor.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love the idea of using the comforter as a tummy-time mat! That's brilliant.
    DD1: 3.27.2003
    DD2: 9.7.2008
    DS: 8.4.2015