July 2015 Moms

Stress during 3rd trimester

I am worried about the health of the baby. I don't want to have a pre-term delivery due to stress.

I have spoken to my husband several times about the impact of stress on me and the baby. He just doesn't seem to understand how important it is to help
me de stress vs. causing the stress.

Im a worry wort to begin with...and now as we enter the 3rd trimester...it seems exacerbated.

Any distressing techniques in the midst of a
meltdown?

Re: Stress during 3rd trimester

• I just focus on my baby . It seems like once I feel those negative emotions coming on he starts to move and that deters me from going into that stressful zone...
    I also start to look up baby items and things I need for him ..
    Remember your baby feels your tension and all your emotions .
    Good Luck.
  • megajramegajra member
    edited April 2015
    I think most of as have stress .Iour life as i progressed to 3 trimester even going to an office to sort sm out was causing me stress and feeling of knots tied in my guts and its not easy to get rid off that feeling. But I've noticed that when i have sm to do after that even an interesting magazine keeps me occupied that feeling goes fast .Personally I'm trying to get sm time for myself during which im listening to relaxing music or sounds of nature or going for walk and it helps me relax but thats me maby just try to find sm that will work for u .Good luck and fingers crossed :)
  • Loading the player...
  • now that im in my 3rd trimester I think a lot too , when I get on bed so many things come to my mind.

• Take some time for yourself, have a me day or a mommy day with you and your belly :) spa day, mani pedi, warm
    Soothing bath, or even treat yourself to a facorite snack while reading a book with your legs elevated. Sit down and. Breathe, or what helps me is just sitting in the babies room and rubbing my belly and relaxing. Even having a lunch date with a good friend or going to the park and getting your tan on can be relaxing. Don't think of it as when you are stressed your baby is stressed too. Think about it like when you are calm so is baby. So do things that make you happy and calm :D
  • I agree with AziaNick - you have to try and not focus on your stress / anxiety stressing the baby because that just makes it worse (at least for me) I love the idea of remembering that when you are calm so is the baby!  I have had bouts of anxiety before (usually in conjunction with change) and actually have been pretty amazed at how calm I have been during my pregnancy, but do agree it has begun to creep in as the due date approaches.  All the above coping mechanisms are great - I also find writing down what is making me stressed helps as I can "purge" it and then try to move on and I also am a big talker so I try and talk it out with my husband or Mom. Lastly, and it is easier said than done try not to be too hard on yourself - we are all going through a HUGE life change and it is as normal to feel stress and anxiety as it is to feel excited and happy for the arrival of the baby!  I put a post-it on my computer at work reminding myself of that!  Feel good and good luck