June 2015 Moms

Tuesday Rants & Complaints

2»

Re: Tuesday Rants & Complaints

• What angers me is when people speak before I hope they think. One of my regular patients who knows how far along I am in the pregnancy asked me "How's fatty?" And then was like that wasn't nice was it? Heck no it wasn't nice. I've only gained 9 pounds this whole time and I already feel so huge, I didn't need what body confidence I had left to be crushed. I almost started crying. People can be so rude.

Aaaah! Why do people think that they have right to an opinion about another persons body! I'm so sick of the body police! Especially people who are not even part of your inner circle! I'd tell him to pound sand...I guess it's good my job doesn't require bedside manner.

@upandbelow tell that guy to get the hell out!! You've got a baby coming!!! Have you given him a firm date? He sounds like a blood sucking parasite...willing to take whatever he can get.

Wow...I'm kind of angsty tonight! Didn't realize all that rage was in there!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • devyns2nddevyns2nd member
    edited April 2015
    mellymar said:

I think I have a legit rant. I've mentioned before how I live in a small town, and there is really only one pediatricians office (its a kids clinic in a wing of the hospital). This office has 2 drs - Dr N and Dr F. Well, I find out Dr N is leaving (in June, even), but Dr F will be staying, and they will be adding another Dr onto staff later in the summer. So, briefly, Dr F will be a one-horse show. So I'm asking around about how people like Dr F. And everybody hates her. Everybody. They all *love* Dr N. But this other Dr has somehow earned the ire of every person I know with kids (which, admittedly, is not many people). One gal told me that she took her daughter to this Dr at 4 days old for a hematoma on her head *that was noted as being there at birth* and this lady called CPS on her.
    So basically, I'm going to have to work with this lady who I'm probably going to dislike and not trust, at least until the other Dr comes at some point later in the summer. Or, use a family practice doc, which is probably what I will do, but it would be nice to have an actual pediatrician to lean on during the early days.

I plan on giving this lady every benefit of the doubt, but still... This is not a very optimistic outlook, here.

I live in a small town so I feel ya. We have no pediatric practice here. We have to drive 45 mins to see a real Dr. Do you have a city near by? Maybe they will have a new better fabulous Dr. when baby melly gets here???
  • @mellymar I do not care for any of our 3 pediatricians and am going with a family practice doc that I go to. I'm totally comfortable with the decision. Really look into a family practice and whether the nurses are helpful in that practice. Most of them have a slew of their own kids and the docs are knowledgeable.
  • At the beginning of the week my husband agreed to take DS to daycare tomorrow. Fast forward to right now when I confirm that this in fact happening... He has a big sigh, sits down, hands on face rub, real dramatic...and says he will. He will have to go to work and then come home, but he will do it. There is no way I can do it tomorrow with my morning meeting etc, etc, etc. Way to make your pregnant wife whose feet ache due to swelling and hips hurt forcing me to waddle feel EVEN WORSE. Ughhhhhhhhh love this thread!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My rants...

I couldn't resist responding.. It just doesn't seem right to be asked for opinions and what to do and call people rude for responding to your request!

Where are all these posters on the threads where people need support - you can take the time to get mad at people but not to spend two seconds responding to serious issues - that is rude IMHO.

NOTHING IS HELPING MY ACID REFLUX TONIGHT!

That is all..

• real complaint/rant my roommate and all my husband's friends that live in town (including our roomate) keep going out and having fun and drinking and such without inviting him, but they dont forget to send him snapchat pictures of how much fun they are having. its frustrating for him and for me because he is starting to/wanting to spite drink because of it and it just puts him in a down mood.
    honestly though, im not invited to anything either. but this just sucks. i just wanna kick our roomate out.
  • edited April 2015
    @upandbelow that's awful! I hope he leaves soon, that's beyond ignorant! I would've kicked him out by now haha, you are much more patient than I am!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And my doc appt wait time was non-existent!!! I literally peed and came out of the bathroom with my sample and they were ready for me! Not complaining, but I still am not caught up!
  • Okay, I've got one, it miiiiight be better for me to wait for the FFFC, but I'm gonna risk it!  The other day I read this blog: https://www.salon.com/2015/04/19/what_a_horrible_mother_moms_arrested_for_leaving_their_kids_in_the_car/ and I've decided that I'm actually kind of sad about what being a parent is going to be like this generation.  The other day in my city a neighbour noticed a neighbourhood child riding his bike around the block without supervision and called children's services who came and picked the child up. I think that's ridiculous, the whole concept of helicopter parenting just makes me sad and frustrated and grrrr.  GRRR I SAY!

Yep. Helicopter parenting. Enough said.

I'm so late to the game on this one. Wish I had seen it Tuesday because I have a ton of gripes. And mostly with people. The ones in my life.
    A couple of weeks ago, my husband was diagnosed with liver damage. We were told possible liver failure. He's a non drinker, non smoker so this took us hugely by surprise. While he was recovering, we had a friend who wanted him to wire their house (he's an electrician) for free. And not only did they not ask, they just assumed. Called us up and said, hey, can he come and do our house? He's sick for crying out loud.
    People have been taking a lot from us the last few months and it's getting old. Our son spent time in the hospital after he was pushed off of the playground equipment (9 feet altogether) and hit his head off of the frozen ground. I had people texting me, asking if I could do this and this for them.
    So overall, my Tuesday/Thursday gripe is that I am sick of people.
  • Ugh. So look, just because I share my birth experiences and what I want this birth experience to be like based off of that doesn't mean I think everyone who'll be doing things differently is doing it wrong! I mean I even prefaced my story with an "I'm not flaming anyone" opening statement FFS.
  • I got a call from the bank this morning , someone wrote and cashed a check for 200$ I don't know who it could of been in the only one on my account.
    I have super swollen feet, I just want my feet and toes to be normal again!!!
  • Ugh. So look, just because I share my birth experiences and what I want this birth experience to be like based off of that doesn't mean I think everyone who'll be doing things differently is doing it wrong! I mean I even prefaced my story with an "I'm not flaming anyone" opening statement FFS.

I don't think anyone had the intention of flaming you, just sharing their UO's. I think there was a good mix of us who were on both sides of the fence.
    I, myself, would like to avoid induction at all costs, but that's just me and also has a lot to do with wanting my IUGR diagnosis not to determine how I have this baby.
    klkonwi said:

@NotISaidtheCat it's totally okay to share your experience and disagree with people. It is the unpopular opinion thread though... So it's expected to get a little side eye

Also, this.
  • lol, I just posted that people who didn't want flamed should use FFFC vs UO, thinking it was in defense of @NotISaidtheCat. Ah well.
  • Just to clarify, I did not feel flamed! Just a little irritated so I wanted to vent a tiny bit ;) I swear I'm not holding any grudges!
  • I know it's not Tues but whatever. I went to a nonprofit gala tonight. Dressed up and everything.

Then had 2 strangers remark how I look ready to pop any minute. Sigh. Yeah guys I have like a fair bit of time left but thanks. I know they meant it sweetly but I still was not in the mood to hear it!

It was also open bar and the good stuff too! I told my boss he better invite me again next year!
  • got told i "dont even look pregnant, just fat" by a customer the other day. like.. thanks? i noticed? better remind myself to push my stomach out so i look more pregnant for people.
  • Ugh I'm highly annoyed that my mom has gotten all this stuff for herself for our baby. She made a nursery in her home! We have a one bedroom duplex and don't even get to have a baby room until we buy a house next December or so. She literally has more stuff for our baby then we do. And now it's getting really annoying
    I don't say much because we lost my stepdad a month before we found out about the baby so it's something to get her through the hard times but idk