June 2015 Moms
Options

Vomiting 34 weeks

so this morning after I finished breakfast I had to puke, but nothing major. I have been gassy all day and then starting around 8 I had the feeling to use the bathroom kinda but mostly just nausea and vomiting. What would you say/ do?

Re: Vomiting 34 weeks

• Options
    Is this reason to go get checked? Really just need opinions please
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think this is anything alarming. I have stretches of nausea, tons of gas, and occasional vomiting. If you are dehydrated from vomiting so much, you should take care of that, but otherwise, it sounds pretty reasonable. Of course, if you're incredibly worried or things worsen, I suggest you touch base with your doctor...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not asking for anyone to be rude. I'm a ftm and wasn't sure if this could just be a part of it. And my ob doesn't have an answering service. Sorry for the post. Guess we should all stop seeking advice on here if it makes everyone ill. Oh wait I thought that's what this was for
  • Options
    You will be fine. Hormones are kicking these days.
  • Options
    I had what seemed like the stomach flu Sun-Mon. Started with nausea, low-grade fevers, fatigue. Progressed to diarrhea and vomiting. Finally getting some relief today.

I did call the on call OB because baby wasn't moving as much, but they said that was normal given the lack of food/drink. He did perk up once I was able to get sips and bites of things. They also said they would send me for IV fluids if I was vomiting/unable to keep anything down for 12-16 hrs.

Anyway, just wanted to share what I've been experiencing recently with similar symptoms. It was reassuring to talk with the dr though.
  • Options
    morgainej said:

Not asking for anyone to be rude. I'm a ftm and wasn't sure if this could just be a part of it. And my ob doesn't have an answering service. Sorry for the post. Guess we should all stop seeking advice on here if it makes everyone ill. Oh wait I thought that's what this was for

Hmm... This comment followed my own and only one other. I don't know how anything I said could be interpreted as rude given that I just shared my own experience with a similar thing. If this is offensive, I guess it would be appropriate to 'stop seeking advice on here' because this is as harmless as it comes. 

babynails said:

Oh my goodness, can everyone just lighten up!!! The poor girl just had a question. Obviously if she thinks it's serious enough she will call or go to the dr. I am so sick of people policing these boards. If someone has a question they should be able to post it wherever without feeling worse about it than they did before they reached out!

Is this a joke/sarcasm? It was the OP that reacted with hostility initially.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You ask what you want when you want, don't let others make you feel bad that you asked. We're all here for SUPPORT. I'm going through the same thing so I  understand what you are going through:)
  • Options
    Op didn't come back to "fight" which is not what I was doing anyway, bc OP has been at the doctor all day. I'm not seeking medical advice. Just simply advice as I have no one around me to ask. I didn't ask for a diagnosis. It's okay. I plan on just removing myself from the board since the only time I seek advice I get this. So I'm sorry for being a bother and posting. Have a healthy rest of your pregnancy. And last thing @OnWayto3 I was responding to @lkr004.
  • Options
    *yawn*

Looking at your posting history, it's clear that you actually have been getting helpful advice; people have been very friendly to you despite your claim to the contrary. Nonetheless, it seems like you aren't happy, so I wish you a healthy pregnancy here on out as you find another 'home' to post on. Suggestion: let people get to know you before you insult them.

Op didn't come back to "fight" which is not what I was doing anyway, bc OP has been at the doctor all day. I'm not seeking medical advice. Just simply advice as I have no one around me to ask. I didn't ask for a diagnosis. It's okay. I plan on just removing myself from the board since the only time I seek advice I get this. So I'm sorry for being a bother and posting. Have a healthy rest of your pregnancy. And last thing @OnWayto3 I was responding to @lkr004.
  • Options
    She has the right to ask a question gosh, if you don't have anything nice to say simply keep scrolling. Some of you ladies can be down right rude and immature!! She free to post whatever she feels, it's a free app and discussion board!!
  • Options
    Goodness. I'll admit I was having a rough day yesterday and it seemed to reflect in my responses. I could have altered my text to not sound so... Harsh? Real? Honest? Whatever.

I do hope everything went well at your doctors visit, OP. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

lkr004 said:

If you are concerned enough to post and ask a bunch of strangers, why wouldn't you call your OB? You pay them to give you professional opinions. 

@lkr004 I don't find your post to be rude at all... For anyone that feels it
    is rude.. I would challenge you to read
    it without your own assumption of tone or intent present. In doing so it is extremely reasonable!

If you are concerned enough to post/ask [non-medical people] why not
    call the person who can actually provide appropriate medical advice - specific to your medical situation?

You pay them for this professional medical advice - and they are insured
    and educated to make the right call.

@morgainej you asked 2 questions

1) what would you say/do...
    The answer here is
    -some would do nothing and monitor
    -some would Google
    -some would read literature and find that things are more cramped than ever and assume this to be a likely cause.
    -some would post on the symptoms thread.
    -some would read other threads where it talks about nausea and vomiting returning
    -some would call their doctor
    -some may go to the hospital

What any of us would do doesn't make it the right thing for you to do. Think about your body and what option seems reasonable for you.

2) is this a reason to call - really just need opinions...

-yes if you feel it's abnormal for you, or if not calling will cause extreme stress or anxiety.
    -no if you don't have any reason to believe that there's something to be concerned about and isn't more than just a few isolated unpleasant side effects of being around 30+ weeks pregnant.

@lkr004 provided legitimate responses to both of your queries.

When anyone asks for opinion you have to be willing to accept that you won't feel every response is the right answer for you but that absolutely does not make the response rude.

Like other posters hopefully everything turns out okay.

I have felt incredibly respected and supported by all of the ladies that have been accused of being rude. However like them I have read the announcement about how to effectively participate in this board and I demonstrate the same respect and support to others as I may ask for in posting a thread.

Well said! =D>
    I dare someone to say that this is impolite and if you do so dare, please provide clear, textual examples.
  • Options
    Ncoleman9 said:

She has the right to ask a question gosh, if you don't have anything nice to say simply keep scrolling. Some of you ladies can be down right rude and immature!! She free to post whatever she feels, it's a free app and discussion board!!

Of course she is free to say what she wants!  MURICA!  But just as I say when the racist, sexist celebrity a-holes have their contracts cancelled or whatever, when their comments go public - the right to say something does not mean you get to say it without consequences. 

She has the right to ask any question.  She is free to post.  We have the right to respond.  We are free to share our own viewpoints.

I provided her with a very helpful answer.  She ignored it, and continued to be snarky.  People have chimed in to defend her, but none of those people have, in turn, provided advice. 

Freedommmm... freeeeeeedoooommmmmm.....