TTC after 35
Options

New to the board-Need advice

Hi everyone...I'm new here. A little about myself, I'm 35 DH is 46, tomorrow we'll be celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary. I have 2 daughters from previous relationships ages 15 & 11, DH has a son 12 & daughter 26. I've been on BC for 10 years. I'm worried that maybe I should stop my BC now, that way my body will be ready by summer when we were ready to start TTC. We're trying to be smart & clear up some financial issues (trying to sell his home, and paying rent at the same time). My only dilemma is if I stop taking BC now & I get pregnant quick I dont want to be stressed out about selling the house. I've read some of your stories on how long it takes for you body to get back to normal after BC & I'm scared that when we are ready it won't happen. Looking for some friendly advice please.

Re: New to the board-Need advice

• Options
    If you are only waiting until summer to start trying then I'd personally stop BC now since its really only a few months off and use other forms of protection, and if you get pregnant a little earlier than you planned it would only be by a month or so which seems manageable to me. Id ask you DH what his thoughts are and make sure you were on the same page however. If you get pregnant and you think you will be really stressed out because of your house situation Id just make sure I communicated how you were feeling with your DH so he could try to help alleviate some of your stress. Also look into activities that help with stress like Yoga, swimming, etc... Good Luck!
  • Options
    Stop hormonal birth control now and use condoms until you are ready to try. It could take 1 month for your hormones to regulate or it could take 6. You won't know until you stop the pill.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both for your advice. I talked to DH & we decided after this months pills are done (which I just started) we will go off the pill & until we are ready to start trying.