Infertility

IUI

Hi Ladies!

So, I've been on the boards for a while now but will be honest - have fallen off the map for a bit. I am just so overwhelmed with all of this stuff! (As I'm sure most of us are.) My DH and I have been TTC for almost two years now. We finally went to a RE in February and all my testing (HSG and blood work) came back "perfect", however his SA came back "mostly good, not great" with 32% motility, 30 million count and a 5% morphology. So we were "perfect candidates for IUI". We did our first IUI 3/31 and another the following day. Went for blood test 4/14 and BFN. My husband decided he wanted to take this month off (we just started!) but I am honoring his wishes and we are trying from home this month. Thinking ahead in case this cycle doesn't work, Clomid has always been in my plan whenever I want to use it but I am trying to decide weather or not stay natural a few more cycles or move forward with the Clomid and IUI next month. I'm sorry if this is rambling, just wondering others experiences and advice! I am honestly still so lost in all of this. Another random note, I decided to go back through my calendar and chart my cycles and they seem to be all over the place when I've always felt I am relatively regular (30,34,28,28,29,32,31,31,29,31,28,27,36,&29 days)

Re: IUI

• Hi! I'm sort of in the same position as you. We've been trying for almost a year without any luck. Last month I did my first Clomid/IUI/Trigger and BFN. Just had my 2nd IUI today with Clomid (no trigger since I surged on my own before I was able to get trigger.) My husband would prefer we try naturally and ditch the fertility help althogether, but I'm sick of disappointment month after month and I'm ready to be pregnant already! We have unexplained infertility. Everything is perfect, but it's just not happening (so I guess it's not perfect). So frustrating. If this month on Clomid and IUI doesn't work, I'm seriously considering moving to IVF. Good luck to you and hope you get your BFP naturally this month!
    Me (35) DH (29)
    TTC#1 since June 2014. 
    IUI #1: BFN
    IUI #2: ?
  • CDC23CDC23 member
    Thanks so much! I will pray for you also! We did our first IUIs "naturally" so no medication or triggers and honestly I don't even know much about either. Hoping it doesn't get to that point but we will see.
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't worry about irregular cycles. Have you thought about TCM as a way to regulate and improve your health? It has shown great results with infertility: https://orientalbalance.com/fertility-chinese-medicine/