December 2014 Moms
Options

No milk supply bump

So my LO had her growth spurt last weekend, April 18-20/21, and I've been using my stash to top off her bottles to make 4oz.  I'm still unable to really pump over 3.5 as I was before.  I drink and eat well, take nursing supplements, and eat lactation cookies.  I pump after nursing in the morning and for the past week, have pumped in the evening after the last feeding before bed.  I switched out the membranes in my pump to no avail.  Anyone else have a while between the boob catching up on the pump?  I'm dying here. 

Nursing on me she does great and seems to last longer so I know I'm making more.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: No milk supply bump

• Options
    I noticed a few weeks ago I wasn't pumping anything after my LO would nurse (I usually could get about 2 oz. after he finished), and I was afraid my milk supply was too low. Well now LO won't eat enough and I'm full constantly...we can't seem to find the 'happy medium'

He also thinks it's fun to unlatch when my milk letsdown........it's not.
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem. My little guy had his first formula tonight, and will get more at daycare tomorrow. I'm only able to pump about 12 oz at work and he's been eating about 20. Does fine nursing. Solely a pumping problem. I have an Aveda Purely Yours from insurance but thinking of possibly investing in a Medela? Anyone have good experience switching pumps to increase output?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat - maxing at out 12 oz a day at work. And that's a good day. I have a medela pump so I don't think switching pumps will help. I think it's the fact that we are away from baby all day so our bodies just don't produce as much as if we were with them. I'm eating lactation cookies, taking fenugreek, drinking lots of water. I was initially against supplementing but I can't keep up!
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat - maxing at out 12 oz a day at work. And that's a good day. I have a medela pump so I don't think switching pumps will help. I think it's the fact that we are away from baby all day so our bodies just don't produce as much as if we were with them. I'm eating lactation cookies, taking fenugreek, drinking lots of water. I was initially against supplementing but I can't keep up!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Minkeeface! I guess I'll save my $300. Little guy ate 23 oz today! No problems taking formula, so. I'm glad for that!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Only pumped 11 today. He ate 23. :-( I am getting really discouraged! Luckily he has no problem eating formula, but I'm making this huge time investment pumping for 15 minutes every two hours. I wish it was closer to the amount he actually needs!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

So miracles of miracles, after 2 weeks(!), I pumped 4oz bottles all day!!! :D

I don't know if I just caught up or after adjusting our feeding/pumping schedules to account for 4hrs apart, things evened out or what but I'm happy.  I did put on a new set of tubes on my medela machines also today, so it may be worth trying new tubing ladies.  Amazon, sells a 2 tubing pk with 2 yellow valves & membranes for $10

• Options
    This week he decided not to eat formula.  My day care person tried feeding him formula earlier in the day, and it worked, and then she ended up with a surplus of milk!  Now I feel like I'm ahead.  I guess she realized he started to know that at the end of the day I would be there soon and nurse him.  Little stinker.  Love him.
    I'm still only getting 11-12 oz a day, taking fenugreek, eating my oatmeal.  Stress levels are high though.  Husband and I are leaving our jobs and relocating to another state!  He has a job there, and I am interviewing. Trying not to think about it too much, but it's hard when there are three people in your house cleaning it from top to bottom to get ready to sell it.  I'm just glad I'm not the one cleaning it.
    Anyway, I'm scared it's decreasing and not increasing with all the pumping.  I still pump four times during the work day, for 15 minutes each time.  My let down happens 2-3 minutes into pumping and flows for about 7-8 minutes.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    stress is a killer @damerida.  Keep up what you're doing and try to find time everyday to unwind