TTC after 35
Options

Manic Monday!!!!!

It's Monday AGAIN, let's hear about what's going on in the upcoming week.
Good or bad share it with us.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

Re: Manic Monday!!!!!

• Options
    Not much going on at work.  Our HRIS is getting updated so we have read only access so I really can't do any work.

I am getting my new car Thursday night and I'm so excited!!!
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>
  • Options
    Pretty busy week at work. Then Thursday is appt with RE to discuss our cycle and transferring our blastocyst.
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really just want it to be summer but it isn't. I have a field trip on wed and I'm taking off friday, so actual teaching is minimal.  

I am looking at new jobs, which gives me a sense of stress, dread and excitement all at once. I feel bad telling my school so late if I do end up leaving, but they've screwed me multiple times, so I need to not let that get in my way.  I have three interviews, sorta. One is a real interview, the other two are through a connection (well my connection is the director, so that helps) but certainly not a sure thing.  I am going to observe the work and also meet/talk with someone. Those two are year round positions, which is sucky. I'm sure they'd be more money, but giving up summer sucks. One is a commute also, but the job is sorta perfect for me and would be a good stepping stone to more leadership roles in education. One is working for the district so it could be more bureaucratic but would certainly be easier than teaching. I'd still get the summer off and it wouldn't be much of a commute (although it could be anywhere in the city and I'd have no control over the school, principal, etc). So I'm just going into it all with an open mind to see what happens. And hopefully I'll know something soon.
    Anyway, long vent, guess I just needed to get my thoughts out and you all are the recipients.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

• Options
    @Dwmmwd good luck on the job search! I know its stressful but change is good!

Pretty laid back Monday except all my short cuts are mysteriously gone off my desk top at work and now I don't know how to do some of the things I need to do without them. Aggghhhh.
  • Options
    After a very eventful weekend with the fam, I'm starting my week feeling blue. I got AF on Friday so as I suspected IUI #2 didn't work. Didn't have too much time to dwell over it since fmaily was around. Now that everyone's gone I'm starting to feel like I'm about to have a mental breakdown. I just don't know what to do anymore...
    Needless to say this def has been a Manic Monday for me...

Anniversary
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
    Trying to Conceive photo: TTC # 1 ttc-1.gif

PCOS photo: PCOS living_with_PCOS.gifBig Fat Positive
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    PitaPata Dog tickers
    Visit The Nest!

Me: 35  DH: 33
    TTC #1: Since July 2012
    Me: PCOS
    DH: MFI (low count, motility, morphology)
    Started with RE 10/14
    IUI #1 - 3/9/15 - Got AF 2 days before BETA
    IUI #2- 4/8/15- Got AF day of supposed BETA
    Currently Self Benched to figure out what our next step will be

• Options
    Pretty busy week at work this week.. Tomorrow I have a saline sono in the morning, started BCP last week in prep for first round of IVF. That's really the only major thing happening, otherwise it's just all work work work... 
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    It will be a busy week-I'm having dinner with a friend on Tuesday. Taking DD1 for rehearsals for a children's opera from 4-8 (ugh) on Wednesday and Thursday. Getting ready for family visiting in a week. And vacation in 4 weeks from today-woohoo!

@FLY106 I'm sorry about AF. Have you thought about what you may do next?
  • Options
    FLY106FLY106 member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks @FemShep!!! Not sure about what the next step will be. A lot of people have suggested we go for IVF but right now that is not an option we can choose due to financial hardhsip. We can go for a third try with IUI but I think we'll wait for a bit. Have to figure out if my DH's numbers really make IUI a fair option. Dr seems to think so but after 2 failed ones I'm not so sure. I'm looking into natural options (supplements, diet, acupuncture). Maybe we'll give that a try. I wish there was more info about it. 

Anniversary
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
    Trying to Conceive photo: TTC # 1 ttc-1.gif

PCOS photo: PCOS living_with_PCOS.gifBig Fat Positive
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    PitaPata Dog tickers
    Visit The Nest!

Me: 35  DH: 33
    TTC #1: Since July 2012
    Me: PCOS
    DH: MFI (low count, motility, morphology)
    Started with RE 10/14
    IUI #1 - 3/9/15 - Got AF 2 days before BETA
    IUI #2- 4/8/15- Got AF day of supposed BETA
    Currently Self Benched to figure out what our next step will be

• Options
    FLY106. sounds like you're having a hard time.  Try to take some time to be good to yourself. I know the feeling of not knowing where to go next. ivf isn't an option for us right now either and so I'm just not sure what else to try.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

• Options
    (child mentioned)

I'm doing revisions on a freelance story I wrote, and I'm procrastinating horribly (hence the fact that I am here Bumping). I find the revisions so tedious and infuriating, because a lot of what the editor is asking for makes no sense or contradicts earlier feedback she gave me. It's not like I was married to my original prose -- far from it -- but it seems like this editor made changes just for the sake of changing things, and she made the story worse. But I have to get through this because a) revisions are due Wednesday, b) I have DD's bday party to plan and c) I really need to get paid for this story! I've already spent more on babysitting than I should have.

Wishing everyone a peaceful week.
  • Options
    @Fly106 - i am so sorry the iui didn't work :( . Its nice you had family to be with this weekend, but sounds like a rough start to the week. Hang in there. 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
    @FLY106 I'm so sorry your IUI wasn't successful. I know how frustrating that is. Hang in there.

*** child mentioned ***

I have a busy week at work this week, but I have Wednesday off. I think I'm going to take my DD swimming with a friend. I have so much to do but I've been working so much the last couple weeks, I've barely gotten to spend time with her.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    I decided to stop by and lurk from the other place!
    I'm staying busy with work and DD's school schedule. In fact, I am watching my BFF's DD this week so she could go on her honeymoon.  It's nice having 2!  Busy, but really nice.
    As most of you, I'm ready for summer too!  I'm taking a trip next week and meeting my Mom in FL for our 4 day Mothers Day weekend!  I can't wait.
    FX for more BFP's! 
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Options
    I decided to stop by and lurk from the other place!
    I'm staying busy with work and DD's school schedule. In fact, I am watching my BFF's DD this week so she could go on her honeymoon.  It's nice having 2!  Busy, but really nice.
    As most of you, I'm ready for summer too!  I'm taking a trip next week and meeting my Mom in FL for our 4 day Mothers Day weekend!  I can't wait.
    FX for more BFP's! 
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016