Success after IF
Options

PCOS question

So, I won't meet with my lady doc for another month or two, but I have a question maybe some of you could help shed some light here.  I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2006 when I was 21 and have always had super irregular periods.  I had my son in June (did several Clomid and ART cycles). For the last 3 months, though, I've had regular periods...28-31 days apart *shocking*.  DH and I aren't intimate a ton, but we aren't using protection.  DH has it in his head that I just can't get pregnant without ART, but the last month I've been wondering.  I've been told it's possible for cycles to become regular and PCOS to improve or resolve after having a baby.  Any truth in this or experiences?  I wouldn't be heartbroken or excited, just more cautious maybe.
Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am

Re: PCOS question

• Options
    If you are having ovulatory cycles, have open tubes and YH has sufficient sperm then it's possible. I have had 2 unassisted pregnancies after IF treatments for #1. There is also the possibly that the FSH injections during treatment caused you to release "better" or mature eggs. My cycles were still irregular but I was tracking ovulation and having "well timed" sex. GL!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Is metformin considered assistance? JW
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My mom had PCO and irregular cycles and had two children: the first took a long time (~5 years TTC?), the second not so much (<1 yr TTC?), she later had one ovary removed. My grandmother had five children over 20 years (took near ~five yrs each) so perhaps she had PCOS or something similar. One of my friends with PCOS: she did ART and had son; her PCOS either went away or became asymptomatic. Because she was One-and-Done she chose BC just in case. So I don't know how that might have gone. I suspect similar to so many "Unexplained" IF folks (like myself) it could have gone either way. Due to my 8 yrs IF, I am NTNP but I have it in mind that a sticky BFP would be highly unlikely but could happen. When we are done TTC (this year), DH and I will need to have a serious talk with our dr about BC relative to our history and ages. If your cycles are regular do you notice any overall difference in your health, energy, etc.? --- although post-partum sleep deprivation could mask that. ;)

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I know a few women who had surprises after going through IF so it is possible.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.