Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Bedtime time?

What time does/did your 9 month old go to bed. She isnt' taking a morning nap at daycare most days and if she does it is only 30 minutes. I think it's because the older kids are awake and she is a real social baby.  Then she naps anywhere from 1-2.5 hours in the afternoon but is awake by 2:00 - 2:30 most days and she is over her third nap.  So basically she is ready for bed by 6:30.  Then is up at 5:30-6:00 for the day.  The weekends are better becaues she will nap in the mornings and afternoons nicely.....Ugh the downside of daycare.....

Re: Bedtime time?

• Options
    Well, we have 2 schedules as well at our house.  When I'm home during the weekdays, DS is up at 7ish, then nap 30-60 mins around 9am.  Second nap is from 1-3 most days and bedtime is about 8 or 9.  When daddy is watching the little guy it's more like: up at 7(but stay in bed until 9), morning nap around 11. Second nap from 3-5, then up until 10. Poor kiddo.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • Options
    Our twins can't decide if they want two naps or three either. Sometimes they go for three and stay up till 730. Other times they take 2 and are zombies by 630. No matter when they go to bed they are always up at 6. I think it's because there is so much commotion in the house then. Oh well!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    khaalid00khaalid00 member
    edited April 2015
    I get what you are saying and going through the same thing. My son is nearing 11 months, a terrible sleeper at daycare cause he is super alert and don't want to miss a thing. Also daycare is way to noisey for him to nap well...he can hear a pin drop and than he wakes. But on the weekends, he sleeps like a boss with 1 1/2 hr-2hr naps early morning, noon, and maybe a third nap if he needs it. What helps him to sleep longer is a sound machine that left on all night. It doesn't work all the time like if he has a bad cold or teething. My son goes to bed at 6:30 or 7pm which is a perfect time for him and us and wakes at 6am. He sleeps through the night and seldom wake crying. Babies goes through funky deveolpmental stages from 9-12 months. Sometimes my son sleep cries a little through the night probably overstimulation during the day, separation anxiety, or night terror. Sleep comes in waves for my LO but in my opinion 6:30pm is a good time to wind down for babies to sleep after a long day of activities. My son will wake at the same time every morning no matter if he slept 30mins later...blame it on the biological clock. Seems as though your LO sleeps very well at 10-11 hrs which is great!! Don't force a baby to sleep at a time he or she is not ready too. Follow the baby lead on what time baby seems sleepy, stick to it, and try to keep it consistent every night. Good job mama!
  • Options
    My 11 mo old still takes two naps ranging from 30min to 2.5 hrs similar to yours. She's ready for bed normally between 7-8. She gets up 630-7ish.