April 2014 Moms

FFFC

Let's hear those confessions!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC

• It's after 11am and the kids and I are still in our pajamas. Oops! We have been cooking and cleaning all morning to get ready for dd's birthday party tomorrow, so getting dressed just seemed like a waste of time. I think the last time I was in my PJs this long was Christmas Day

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I shared a piece of my donut with LO yesterday for breakfast. He loved it.

I made the most of DH being sick and sleeping on the couch downstairs by eating a big bowl of ice cream in bed the other night. It was amazing. Almost made up for him being grumpy and expecting tons of help while he's sick in contrast to when I'm sick and am still expected to pretty much function as normal (something we need to work on, I'm realizing, since I'm feeling pretty grumpy about it myself today).

Sometimes, despite the fact I believe in limiting screen time, LO and I watch The Voice together. He dances to the music and claps his hands when the audience applauds.  It's too cute and I figure we're still being interactive...right?

• Loading the player...
  • I took "advantage" of staying home because DS was sick yesterday and got so much housework and laundry done so that I know don't have as much to do this weekend. The real confession is that even though I complained about having to miss work to DH because he absolutely couldn't take the day....I am glad that I was the one home instead of him. I can somehow take care of a sick 3 year old (throwing up) and the baby AND clean the house/do laundry/dishes etc. If it were DH that stayed home I would have came home to a huge mess everywhere.

@AmberLiz99 - Pretty much every Sunday is PJ day in my house unless we have someplace to go! Well mostly if the weather is not good enough to go outside and play as well. The kids have a bath after dinner and put clean PJs on.  Also since I was home yesterday because the 3 year old was throwing up...threw up on me in my work clothes as we were headed out the door, we all had baths/showers and changed right back into clean jammies for the day. 
  • Screen time.. LO already loves dancing with the stars and golf (we don't watch dwts but he was so infatuated we watched the whole episode last week).
  • I have some sort of stomach bug. I couldn't find our regular/adult thermometer to take my temp, so I used the babies rectal one...in my booty. It was weird. I'm embarrassed. Can't believe I'm confessing this one X_X
  • I have some sort of stomach bug. I couldn't find our regular/adult thermometer to take my temp, so I used the babies rectal one...in my booty. It was weird. I'm embarrassed. Can't believe I'm confessing this one X_X

You win!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• You totally win, @0jamielynn0 ! Sorry about your stomach bug--and about your lost thermometer. I bet a regular one is at the top of your shopping list now. Oh, and when I was reading your post, I was so afraid that you were going to say that you used the rectal thermometer in your mouth, that it was actually a relief when you said you used it the way you did! Haha!
  • Haha! I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed...I'm leaning towards ashamed :). @sporty1216, I actually added that clarification after reading it the first time, haha. Could be worse I guess, right?!
  • @0jamielynn0 you definitely win! Don't feel ashamed, you did the best you could with what you had available to take care of yourself!
  • I'm trying to think of one... All I've got is that DH is off to a bachelor party tomorrow night and I'm looking forward to having the house to myself once LO goes to bed!

Also I called in sick for work today to take care of LO, but totally went out to the bar and had three pints with my friends last night because I knew I wasn't working the next day. And the bar is a block away from my house which is pretty awesome. If they didn't do last call at 10pm last night, it would have been a rough morning! I definitely had a nap this afternoon.

Bahahaha. I really am laughing out loud.

I couldn't find my thermometre recently and briefly considered something along these lines, but decided it was best to keep looking ;)
  • Glad you got to get out and have some fun, @talltrees82!
  • Uuuum, am I the only one that would put the baby's thermometer in a plastic bag and then use it in my mouth? Also, please give the highest of fives to my temporal scanner thermometer. Germ free my friends.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • ksulli said:

Uuuum, am I the only one that would put the baby's thermometer in a plastic bag and then use it in my mouth? Also, please give the highest of fives to my temporal scanner thermometer. Germ free my friends.

I thought the same thing about the plastic bag.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ksulli said:

Uuuum, am I the only one that would put the baby's thermometer in a plastic bag and then use it in my mouth? Also, please give the highest of fives to my temporal scanner thermometer. Germ free my friends.

Ha ha good thinking!
  • babayRFLbabayRFL member
    edited April 2015
    Ah, @ksulli, genius! I've been thinking about getting a temporal thermometer, and after my little "experience" I think I might have to get on it
  • My LO just ate cat barf while I was bumping. Oops!
  • My LO just ate cat barf while I was bumping. Oops!

Omg! DD actually found a bag that my cats had peed on and was playing with it. I seriously hate my cats, one of them pees on everything and we never find it until it is too late.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves