April 2015 Moms
Options

2 weeks early

Hi everyone, hope all the April babies and mom's or mom's-to-be are doing well :D Quick question, my LO was born exactly two weeks early and I was wondering does this mean he is considered two weeks behind developmentally and for things like growth spurts etc?? For example, he is three weeks now but would he only be considered one week by doc's development wise?? I only ask because I'm convinced he went through his three week growth spurt yesterday (which was tough going!) and now I'm thinking was it just a one week growth spurt and that he will have another one in two weeks :-? Hope this post makes sense, from one very tired new mom!!

Re: 2 weeks early

• Options
    Pretty sure that only applies if he wasn't full term. My son was 2 weeks early - born at 38weeks (now 16months) and is not on a different development track at all and never has been. Hope that helps
  • Options
    Yeah that's exactly what I was wondering, thanks for the reply :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The one thing that does calculate as of due date and not birth date is sleep. Sleeping patterns that are normal at 1 month, for example, usually don't happen until one month after your due date. At least that's what I have read. My little girl was 2 weeks and 2 days early, so I guess we will both know soon enough!