October 2014 Moms

Not wanting to go to bed

My LO is putting up a fight at bed time all of a sudden. She would normally go down pretty good, the odd night it would take longer. For the past couple of nights she doesn't want me to leave the room. She would turn towards the front of the crib putting her arm up for me to pick her up. I would pick her up console her and put her back down.. For an hour this would happen. Anyone dealing with this or have any tips?

Re: Not wanting to go to bed

• I'm dealing with it, but my baby fights sleep ALL the time (naps and bedtime). I tried sleep training but she would cry profusely and I couldn't take it. I spoke to the doctor about it and she said baby needs her sleep so I have to start sleep training again. I'm going to try again tonight. But you are not alone in the not sleeping issue. My baby won't go to sleep without me and it's always a struggle for her to go down.
  • In the last couple weeks I've had similar problems. My baby won't fall asleep unless she is right next to me in bed. We didn't start her out that way but she's miss clingy all of the sudden. Now she's up every couple hours at night unless I let her fall asleep on me again. Is your LO teething? I'm pretty confident that's what triggered our new irregular sleep patterns! You are definitely not alone :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Jenelle3 said:

I'm dealing with it, but my baby fights sleep ALL the time (naps and bedtime). I tried sleep training but she would cry profusely and I couldn't take it. I spoke to the doctor about it and she said baby needs her sleep so I have to start sleep training again. I'm going to try again tonight. But you are not alone in the not sleeping issue. My baby won't go to sleep without me and it's always a struggle for her to go down.

Of course a baby needs sleep but there's only so much you can do to try and force it so leaving your LO to cry isn't always the best solution. Pedi's aren't sleep experts. Babies go through SO many phases and regressions in the first year so I'm sure this too will pass.