Parenting after 35
Options

How long was your postpartum break from cleaning house?

mattandloramattandlora member
edited April 2015 in Parenting after 35
Some stuff is easy postpartum, like folding laundry. But how long did it take until you were back to everything, like sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing the tub, carrying heavy stuff up and down stairs, etc?

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

How long was your postpartum break from cleaning house? 11 votes

no break
9% 1 vote
less than 1 week
0% 0 votes
1-2 weeks
27% 3 votes
3-4 weeks
0% 0 votes
5-6 weeks
9% 1 vote
more than 6 weeks
54% 6 votes

Re: How long was your postpartum break from cleaning house?

• Options
    mattandloramattandlora member
    edited April 2015
    I made this poll because I physically feel awesome. I feel like I could start exercising again. I'll be 3 weeks postpartum tomorrow. DD sleeps a lot during the day (unlike DS), so I thought I'd catch up on some much-needed housework today (THANKS muddy dogs). I barely swept a 4ft square area before my body said *nope* and my back was killing me and I was done. I'm frustrated because I feel awesome doing nothing and terrible doing anything else. So I get to sit around and look at muddy paw prints and do nothing about it. This is a lesson in patience and tolerance. ( Note: my delivery of DS was much harder, and he was much more demanding, making the thought of getting anything done laughable on my last maternity leave.)

I think I'm going to organize my desk drawers now.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    I picked more than 6 weeks. I'm still only doing the bare minimum 5 months after bc I'm lazy... :) we have a cleaner come in once a month for a deep clean so it's ok.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I picked more than 6 weeks because my in-laws paid for a house cleaner to come for a few months after DD was born. All I did otherwise was dishes and laundry. Eventually we let the house cleaner go but I think that was at least 3 months postpartum.
  • Options
    The worst of my PP fatigue lasted 10-14 days and then it tapered off. Beyond that, the bigger challenge was doing things while carrying DS. A couple of weeks ago, while cleaning the master bath, I nursed DS in the carrier and continued to clean (bad juju, I know). I scrubbed the tub with my foot. It was ridiculous and I regretted it soon after. DH has taken over most of the vacuuming, but I still do some. I do most of my other cleaning chores, just not as often or as thoroughly.
  • Options
    Ha. My kid is 17 months next week and I'm still on a break. Seriously, my h is never home and I have a very active toddler. I only have so much time and energy...

Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old.  I tell everyone I will never apologize for a messy house because it is a clear sign that I am actually playing with my kids.  I know a few friends that have immaculate homes but the kids are never allowed to do anything.  I like to say my house is "lived in."  I clean up after the kids and I won't be candidate for Horders but there is always room for improvement.  It's just cluttered over her.  Ya know ya have a pile of coats on the deacon bench that needs to be hung up but I keep walking by it a million times a day and forget to actually put them away.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Well a break implys I regularly cleaned before hand ;) We had our carpet replaced with plank flooring 1 dog, 1 cat and 1 son later so it's easier to clean but we only deep cleaned for DS2s 1st birthday. I just Swiffer everything as I can and Lysol wipe the counters. It's harder with 2 and now that DS2 is mobile. He picks up everything off the floor and try's to eat it but when I try to clean DS1 wants to do it but ends up making more of a mess. Ah me. At least my oldest is in school during the day so I can clean when my youngest is napping assuming I don't also need a nap from staying up all night with him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker