Infertility
Options

Could use some wisdom and reassurance - starting round 2 Tamoxifen

I'm about to start round 2 on tamoxifen, last round i didn't notice a change in the date of my O, it's still around cd18 according to my OPKs, this cycle i'm also going to temp to get a little more reassurance but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with tamoxifen and could maybe share their experience, side effects and observations.

Re: Could use some wisdom and reassurance - starting round 2 Tamoxifen

• Options
    I haven't used it but wanted to wish you luck!
  • Options
    I'm on my second round with tamoxifen. Last cycle I took one pill cd 5 to 9. I triggered on cd 12 and iui on day 14. This month 2 pills cd 5 to 9. I'm on cd10 today, had ultrasound and blood test. I had 2 follicles over 18 mm each, so trigger is tonight and iui tomorrow. I do have short cycles, like 26 to 27 days, so thay could be why. Also not sure if the higher dose of tamoxifen made my follicles grow quicker or if that is a coincidence. I see alot of people taking clomid, but you are the first besides me taking tamoxifen! This is only my second cycle of iui, and both times the doctor has said it's done what it's supposed to, so hopefully this will be the one that works! My fsh levels are very high, so I'm just happy the medication is helping.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks LMN11881, I'm only doing tamoxifen right now cd3-cd7, my doctor is trying to get me to ovulate sooner as I am usually ovulating around cd19 and my cycles are 28-29 days. my first cycle on tamoxifen was very strange my period seemed to fluxuate 1 day heavy 1 day light and did that for my normal 5 days. Usually though I see one day light one day heavy and then it trickles away. This month, i'm on cd 3 and it has been very light all 3 days, and looks like it's done. Have you noticed anything like this in your cycles and what about side effects? last month I got the worst cramps in my legs and back.
  • Options
    My period was delayed last month, but that was due to the progesterone I was taking after iui up until a negative blood test. I definitely did not have any noticeable side effects from the tamoxifen. My period was pretty normal, actually seemed a tiny bit lighter than usual, so that could have been from the medication?