Trouble TTC

8 days past missed period and still getting negative results

Hi ladies! I'm new here so I'm not sure what all the abbreviations mean so bare with me lol.. Okay so my situation is 2 weeks before my missed period I had some dark brown spotting for about 2 days and I have now missed my period which was due on April 13th. I am now 8 days past my expected period and yesterday I took another pregnancy test but I'm still getting negative results. Has anyone here had a similar situation and could I be pregnant? My cycle is always on time and I'm really hoping for baby #2:) oh by the way I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning to take a pregnancy test over there and if still negative they will send me to do blood work. I hope everything is ok because I've really gotten my hopes up.

Re: 8 days past missed period and still getting negative results

• mmarie276 said:

Hi ladies! I'm new here so I'm not sure what all the abbreviations mean so bare with me lol.. Okay so my situation is 2 weeks before my missed period I had some dark brown spotting for about 2 days and I have now missed my period which was due on April 13th. I am now 8 days past my expected period and yesterday I took another pregnancy test but I'm still getting negative results. Has anyone here had a similar situation and could I be pregnant? My cycle is always on time and I'm really hoping for baby #2:) oh by the way I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning to take a pregnancy test over there and if still negative they will send me to do blood work. I hope everything is ok because I've really gotten my hopes up.

Hi @mmarie276, how are you calculating that your period was due April 13? Are you temping, monitored cycles, etc? Cycles can change at any time, and a cycle is "always on time" until it's not. It's normal for cycles to change throughout time, and there are many reasons why your cycle may last longer than you're used to, including later ovulation. Your period is calculated based off when you ovulate, not based off when you've gotten your period in the past. So, if you've ovulated later, your period will arrive later. Because of this, a negative test at this time could be because you're testing too early for when you actually ovulated. Also, it's very normal for women to have anovulatory cycles every now and again.  

It is not necessary to seek a blood test at a doctor's office. If the HPT is negative, you're not pregnant at this time and the blood test will not tell you otherwise. If you've gone 60 days without a period or a positive HPT, then call your doctor.

Also, I suggest you read the TOU and lurk around the TTGP board, if you haven't had "trouble" TTC. It's against TOU to ask if you are or could be pregnant.

TTC since March 2013

HSG: Sept 2014, clear tubes

Dx: MFI - Low motility, morph, count (Aug. 2014); Hypothyroidism (May 2015)

Moved to IUIs October 2014

IUI #1 w/ injections:  Nov 2014- BFN

IUI #2 w/ injections:  Jan 2015- BFN

IUI #3.1 w/ injections:  Feb. 2015, cancelled due to cysts- 10 days BCP

IUI #3.2 w/ injections:  Feb/March 2015- BFN

IUI #4 w/ 100mg Clomid +  Injections:  August 2015- BFN

IUI #5 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  September 2015- BFN

IUI #6 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  October 2015 - Cancelled due low response

Moved to IVF May 2016 

Retrieved 18 eggs on 05/27/2016, 13 were ICSI'd, 9 made it to day-five transfer

Transferred 2 beautiful day-five embryos on 06/01/2016, froze 7

BFP 4dp5dt on 06/05/2016!  Line continued to darken beautifully!

EDD:  February 17, 2017

Beta #1:  92

Beta #2:  305 

Ultrasound #1 - one baby!

Ultrasound #2 - saw heartbeat!

LFAF Badges: