TTC after 35

TWW post for 4/20

This is a TWW post for anyone who is in or will be in the TWW soon. What dpo are you?  Any phantom symptoms? Sorry so short, crazy day!
TTC #1
me- 37, DH- 38
Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

Re: TWW post for 4/20

• Hi!  I'm getting ready for my first IUI on Thursday morning, so my TWW is starting in just a few days.  I'll be using the trigger shot, so I understand that it will mimic some symptoms right away, which I'll just have to ignore.

Is it better to think baby-focused thoughts, or just find other darn things to think about?  
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• I am 8dpo today.  My lp is 9 to 10 days so af should show on Wednesday.  Ah symptoms - I have been nauseated, had a headache, low back ache, peeing every 10 minutes (or so it seems).  One thing I haven't had is tender boobs and that has been a sign of impending af for me in past cycles so we will see.  Trying not to get my hopes up but that never works. :)
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>
  • Loading the player...
  • My first TWW since bench burning. 
    10 DPO - I know we missed the boat on this. I have the telltale headache that comes a few days before AF arrives...she arrives on Thursday. :/
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • I'm 12 or 13 DPO. Not a lot of sympotoms this time. Some cramping, nipple sensitivity and peeing more frequently. Thinking this might not be it but we'll know for sure on Friday or if/when AF shows.

Anniversary
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
    Trying to Conceive photo: TTC # 1 ttc-1.gif

PCOS photo: PCOS living_with_PCOS.gifBig Fat Positive
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    PitaPata Dog tickers
    Visit The Nest!

Me: 35  DH: 33
    TTC #1: Since July 2012
    Me: PCOS
    DH: MFI (low count, motility, morphology)
    Started with RE 10/14
    IUI #1 - 3/9/15 - Got AF 2 days before BETA
    IUI #2- 4/8/15- Got AF day of supposed BETA
    Currently Self Benched to figure out what our next step will be

• Good Luck @FLY106
  • I'm 8 DPO. I'm falling asleep sitting up, and sore boobs just started today. I also have a neckache, and my belly feels heavy and crampy but I think some of this is symptom spotting because AF is supposed to arrive Saturday and I'm getting antsy.

I was doing a good job of keeping my mind on other things, but not anymore! ;)
  • Temp jumped today and OPK positive on Tuesday morning. FX and hoping for a short two weeks. Still can "feel my ovaries" especially on the left side so I don't know what that means. I'm worried I have something weird going on with my ovaries.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38

• @Dwmmwd - that temp jump is gorgeous.  Hope it stays up!  Don't have any advice on why you can feel your ovaries, sorry.  I've only ever noticed just a pinch and then nothing else at ovulation.  Good luck this cycle.
  • Dwmmwd said:

Temp jumped today and OPK positive on Tuesday morning. FX and hoping for a short two weeks. Still can "feel my ovaries" especially on the left side so I don't know what that means. I'm worried I have something weird going on with my ovaries.

Just lurking to check in on you guys. I just asked my dr about this very thing when I went in for my ultrasound to make sure there was no ectopic and I passed everything on my own this time (there wasn't and I did). I have had pain in both ovaries mid cycle since my D&C in January. He said it could be my body is still trying to get back to normal or it could be simply aging. I guess it's not uncommon to have these kinds of changes as you get older, especially if you were on birth control your whole life and you go off of it. It could be that this would have been normal for me but being on birth control masked it all these years. I'm hoping my body is just trying to balance back out because I don't like it. It's been about five years since I stopped birth control but I've gotten pregnant and suffered so many losses during that time, plus the pregnancy and postpartum period with my daughter, he says it will take a little while to see what's normal for me at this point.

This probably does not help you...LOL...but at least you know you're not alone. FX everything is fine and sending good vibes for this cycle.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Thanks, that does help. It's nice to know I'm not alone.  Yeah, they've said that to me about the birth control thing. It seems like it's been a long time since I've gone off bp (10 months) but I guess compared to 20 or so years on birth control, it's not.  I have a genetic disposition to both breast and ovarian cancer, which I'm screened for regularly, but I guess I just get nervous. It's also part of why i want to get pregnant soon, as I'm probably getting my ovaries taken out in the next few years --hey, maybe then I won't feel them. Ha, jk. oh well, I can only control so much.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38

• I reckon I'm just 1 dpo today, presuming that the trigger shot got my ovulation timed properly for my IUI yesterday.  I'm glad I already knew that the trigger shot could cause some symptoms that mimic pregnancy (at least until it's out of my system), because I've had crazy mood swings this morning, as well as a bit of nausea.  

But it's just the shot-- even if everything went swimmingly (heh heh, sperm joke), there's no way I'd have any real symptoms until implantation.  Still, glad I had some saltines at my desk.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Well...just as I suspected, our second IUI didn't work. I got AF on Friday (my test date). I have to admit , although I had a feeling since the beginning, after getting to my test day without a period, I was actually getting my hopes up. Trying not to dwell on it too much. Don't know if we'll give it another go this month...maybe its time to take a little break. I feel like maybe we need to try something different....

Anniversary
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
    Trying to Conceive photo: TTC # 1 ttc-1.gif

PCOS photo: PCOS living_with_PCOS.gifBig Fat Positive
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    PitaPata Dog tickers
    Visit The Nest!

Me: 35  DH: 33
    TTC #1: Since July 2012
    Me: PCOS
    DH: MFI (low count, motility, morphology)
    Started with RE 10/14
    IUI #1 - 3/9/15 - Got AF 2 days before BETA
    IUI #2- 4/8/15- Got AF day of supposed BETA
    Currently Self Benched to figure out what our next step will be

• @FLY106 - sorry to hear this! I know how disappointing it is to see AF after you've started to get your hopes up. Best of luck in figuring out what to do next.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • @FLY106 boo for af. I'm wishing you luck with whatever you choose to do next.