Success after IF

4-20 Momma Check-In!

dp21dp21 member
edited April 2015 in Success after IF
Good morning fellow mommas! 

This is the eighth week of our new check-in for mommas on this board
that just want to feel connected, bond, and connect with each other on a
weekly basis!  Check-ins will be on Mondays.

How are things going this week?  Any updates? 

QOTW:
Who is your celebrity crush?  Just realized National Infertility Awareness Week.  Are you doing anything?  I'm thinking about sharing a post on facebook but not revealing a ton. 

@mrs.AmyDylan
@CWhitaker27
@hopeby2015 
@CarrieB.
@Mayzie15
@mnj05   
@Maladroit  
@starlightgator 
@kfdecarie
@1983Lindsey2

Me:
30, DH: 32
My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
  • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
  • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
  •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
  • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
  • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
  • EDD 1/8/15

Re: 4-20 Momma Check-In!

• dp21dp21 member
    Hi guys,

So my first day back I got cancelled, so my real first day was Saturday.  We were overstaffed, so I got to work half a day, I was crying at work and really needed to leave.  Baby did well and ate bottle from dad no problem.  Yesterday (Sunday) was my first full day and my hubby had a horrible day.  I bf her at 1:45p, left for work at 2:30p, by 9pm she only ate 3.5 ounces of bottle, was crying non-stop, and hubby was frustrated.  While I was in pumping room, before I knew it was all bad, I asked to facetime and she screaming the whole time.  I started to cry.  I was soo sad :( On top of worrying about my starving baby, trying to fit in 1 hour to 1.5 hours of pumping time is brutal.  I only pumped twice and held out last pump because I knew I needed to wake her when I got home (hubby finally got the starving baby to sleep).  I work evenings, so got home after midnight, showered, fed her, and then I had to scald my stupid milk.  Finally got to bed and she woke up at 5:30am to eat again.  Before return to work she had been sleeping through night every night for a week, so not sure how all this is going to work.  Thank god I'm part-time and I'm trying to schedule myself no more than 2 days in a row.  Thank goodness I'm going back in between semesters too, hopefully we get a routine set before class starts.  Oh and work was busy, esp with pumping taking time out of day, my one pt decided to throw up in bed twice and all over everything.........  Have two days off with my baby, lots of cuddles, lots of bf time, it will be perfect. 

QOTW: Not really a crush anymore but I loved Brad Pitt while growing up haha :) 

Me:
    30, DH: 32
    My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
    • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
    • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
    •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
    • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
    • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• @dp21 I'm so sorry that your first couple of days back sucked!  It's a hard transition to make! 

I just got off a 4day stretch and have the week off and couldn't be more excited about it.  It'll go fast since I have a ton to do.  We are heading to closing on our houses, so YAY!  For Infertility Awareness Week I posted a Facebook shout-out to the team that helped us have baby Griffin.  I'm not too shy about my infertility.  I used to be, but I think it needs to come out of the closet.  I don't say anything unless anyone starts the topic, though.  When people ask why I'm not having another baby my canned response is "Yeah right, it took 3 years and almost 30grand to get the ONE we have - I'm not going through all that again" and laugh a little. 

QOTW: Johnny Depp - I husband looks quite a bit like him, too hahaha! 
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • Loading the player...
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    @dp21 - I'm sorry it was so rough! LO will adjust and y'all will have a routine. Yay for cuddles the next two days!

We're doing well. H is learning new things every day and his baby brother is kicking me 24/7. I'm in my most stressful time of the year with state testing but I'll survive, always do.

QOTW - celebrity crush is hard, probably Matthew Mcconaughey. For NIAW, I usually change my cover photo on FB and sometimes post a video a friend of mine does. I used to not talk about it much just because no one ever brought that up, but now I think everyone knows so I may post more about it.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• I took the kids to the zoo on Sunday morning, and then they both went down for a two hour nap! That was a true miracle. I got to read the paper and work on my garden.

QOTW: Jimmy Fallon is one of my celebrity crushes and he went through IVF w his wife so he's a great pick for NIAW. :)
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Hugs @dp21 hope LO is getting better with the bottle. I had a friend who's baby reverse cycled due to bottle aversion. Your LO will figure it out :)

I'm 11w today. I'm definitely sporting a pooch. Like an "is she packing on the lbs? Or is she pregnant?" kind of look. It depends on what I'm wearing. I never really dropped the IVF med weight, so it has rolled itself into my preg weight. We are enjoying every last bit of good weather before the summer heat hits. We went to the zoo today and had a great time as always. 

Qotw:
    Not really a celeb crush gal, with one exception. Anthony Kiedis in his gorgeous dark brown, long hair, no shirt Chili Peppers days. Yum! Typically that is not my physical attraction look. Sadly, he looks gross these days.  
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• @dp21 Hope things are getting better! 

My little guy just popped 3 top teeth, maybe a 4th too that looks like it wants to pop through, and he was a terror last weekend because of it.  I didn't know so many teeth could come through at once.  He already had two bottom teeth, but this was something else.  I have him heavily medicated with motrin and tylenol now and that seems to help.  I am hoping by tomorrow I won't need to give him the meds anymore as it looks like they about about through.   Other than that, not too much is new and all is going well.  :)  

QOTW: Ryan Gosling obviously!!! 
    ~~ All Welcome~~
    ME: 32, SER aggregates on eggs, anovulatory
    DH:  33, 2% morphology
    TTC #1 
    2 clomid cycles, 3 hybrid clomid/bravelle IUI's = 4 BFN/1 CP@ 5.5 weeks
    IUI #6 -Follitism IUI cycle converted to IVF and back to IUI-4 mature, 3 maybe mature = BFP!!   DS Born 9/2014
    TTC#2 
    IVF #1 9/15 Antagonist- 19 R 1F (Frozen day 1 @ 2PN stage) Diagnosed with SER aggregates in 13/19 eggs after failed fertilization
    IVF #2 11/15 Antagonist w/ICSI  (Higher stims & Letrosole added last minute on stim day 7)- 39R, 24M (20/24 SER free), 15F (14/15 SER free & all frozen @ 2PN stage) 
    FET#1 Cultured all 16- 2pn embryos to day 5- transferred 1 good hatching blast and 1 early blast on 1/28- None to freeze - beta 2/5