February 2015 Moms

Teething?

my baby seems to be teething...she started clamping down while breast feeding the other day, pulling on her ear and cheek, eating her fist, fussy as hell and a drooly mess. Anyone else? I feel like this is way to early to be starting this. Calling the pediatrician tomorrow, even though
We were just there for the 2 month, I didn't even think to talk about this.

Re: Teething?

• My son is 10 weeks old and his first bottom tooth just came in. Same symptoms you described. I took him to the pediatrician, the pediatrician said noooo he is too young to be teething. Wait until 6 months for a tooth to come in. Cannot wait to go back in a few weeks and show the doctor there is a tooth :-)

Your LO may definitely be teething. Get some baby orajel and some teething toys.
  • My dd started at about 10 weeks but never actually cut her first tooth until about 7 months old. She would cut at least 2 teeth at once. We are currently working on all 4 canines at the same time and she is 19 months. My DS is almost 8 weeks and he is showing signs of teething. He is showing same signs as you described and that is exactly what my DD did. She was miserable and I tried everything. I gave in to my SIL and tried the Amber teething necklace. I will say my husband and I laughed at the thought of it helping. Well we are both firm believers in it now and to this day will not take it off her. I just ordered my DS one and my DD a new one because they do need to be replaced and I try to replace hers every 8 months.