1st Trimester

struggling to cook

Hi all

I've really been struggling with morning sickness (not news) to the point that I can't bring myself to cook or even be in the kitchen because the smells make me feel so sick. I've been eating/ordering out a lot which I know is bad, but I've been snacking on lots of fruit and crackers to keep myself healthy-ish.

Does anyone have ideas of things I can buy and keep on hand that I don't need to cook, but will also be healthy for me and the baby? I usually cook A TON so not feeling able to is really hard on me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: struggling to cook

• My challenge is I don't cook at all! I've been living on a variety of fruits and vegetables, rotisserie chicken, salad, yogurt, and cottage cheese. Cereal, too-- I can't give it up!

I'm going to favorite this thread in hopes that I'll get some ideas as well! Good luck to you and your appetite!
  • I'm in the same boat, although at this point I'm just owning that I'm eating a ton of fast food. At home I survive on slimfast, cheese sticks, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, Popsicles, and pretzels. My food aversions zoom all over the place so I just keep my options open.

@DandT2point0 I can't tell for sure since I'm in the app, but is that a shiba head in your profile pic?
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the ideas! Rotisserie chicken, cereal and yogurt will definitely be staples for a while!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @thegingeravenger, my girl is a pound puppy and I haven't done the DNA test. I was told she is a corgi mix. No idea what the "mix" is. When next to a corgi, she looks like a corgi; when next to a shiba, she looks like a shiba. Corgi Chameleon!
  • @jenbstevens, IDK how I forgot to mention the oats! I do slow cooker oats using cinnamon, vanilla, steel cut oats, rolled oats, and quinoa. If you make them naked while they cook there is no aroma. I've started doing them Sunday afternoon and have to set my alarm to check them because I can't smell them and forget about 'em. I add my fixings (dried fruit mix and almond milk) into my bowl in the morning before I warm them in the microwave.
  • Thank you! I got yogurt, granola bars, chicken and some fruit and I'm keeping myself afloat :)
    Pregnancy Ticker