TTC after 35

OPK WTF?

Hi ladies,
I'm hoping you might be able to help with an OPK issue. I had a clear positive on a Wondfo OPK on Friday afternoon. On Saturday afternoon, I also had a clear positive on a Wondfo test. I had some Walgreen tests (which said to use within a week of opening-I opened them a few months ago but kept them in their sealed container), and they were a clear negative with the same urine. Today I had a clear negative with the Wondfo tests and two equally pale lines with the Walgreens test, again with the same urine.

Any idea what the heck is going on here? Should I just dump the Walgreens tests? Any preferred brand of OPKs out there?

TIA,
FemShep

Re: OPK WTF?

• I've always used wondfos so I have no insight on other brands. But if the walgreen ones say use within a week I wouldn't trust them if you opened them months ago.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Thank you! I am going to toss the Walgreens sticks in the trash (apparently exposure to light can cause them to lose effectiveness, so there is something to that Use By date). Of course, to confuse matters further, I got a positive on the Wondfos again this afternoon (3rd day in a row). Ironically I'd never been able to get a positive OPK before. Now I have too many! Sigh.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've always had a hard time with OPKs. On my last cycle, I used the clearblue test (as I had some left from previous cycle) as well as Wondfos. I thought it was a good idea to use them both at the same time since it was my first time using the Wondfos. I got my positive on the clearblue in the morning, but the Wondfo still showed negative. So I took the Wondfo again that evening and the test line was definitely darker than it was in the morning, but not darker than the control line (but very close). In the morning, the Wondfo test line was super light and went down from there (so I assumed I'd ovulated but it turned out I didn't). So far since I've been using OPKs (6 months now), I only ovulated once immediately after the positive and the other times I ovulated a week later or not at all. So not sure I'm going to keep using them since they don't seem to give me an accurate reading of what's going on with my body...
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1