Minnesota Babies
Options

jogging stroller?

How necessary/practical/desirable is a jogging stroller if I want to jog to get back in shape now that baby is 8 months old? I've heard they are clunky and hard to steer, so for those of you who have one, do you like it, or do you prefer to just jog when the baby isn't with you?

DISCLAIMER: when I say I want to 'jog' I mean, I want to bounce up and down in a jogging motion while going only slightly faster than a brisk walking pace. :) Lol, I'm not much of an athlete, even though I'm enthusiastic.

I have a Bob Motion stroller, which is a 4-wheeler with nice all-terrain wheels (the front ones do lock if desired) and decent suspension, though probably not as good as a jogger...given my slow pace do you think I could jog with that even though it's not meant for that purpose?

Re: jogging stroller?

• Options
    I am a runner and jogging stroller was a must. I think they are super easy to steer so I'm surprised to hear you heard otherwise? For me it was super important to have a jogging stroller so that I could entertain my DD while I exercised. While they are big, the BOB stroller that I have folds up super easy. It doesn't lay totally flat, but it still makes it easy to put it in the trunk of the hatchback.

TTC since April 2011. DH Dx MFI in February 2012. BFP #1: 7.16.12. MMC dx: 8.22.12, D&C 8.28.12, TTC Again November 2012. DH Varicocele repair November 2012; Repeat SA showed "dramatic" improvement February 2013 (awesome!)
    BFP #2: 3.26.13, EDC: 12.7.13. Anya born December 9th, 2013!
  • Options
    I would never run with my jogging stroller. I kind of think it's a pain. It's way too high to push it comfortably and doesn't steer easily. I'd invest in a Burly instead!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Interesting.....are you able to adjust your front wheel to be mobile or stationary? I can't steer at all if it's stationary, but I just switch to the mobile position which makes it easy.

TTC since April 2011. DH Dx MFI in February 2012. BFP #1: 7.16.12. MMC dx: 8.22.12, D&C 8.28.12, TTC Again November 2012. DH Varicocele repair November 2012; Repeat SA showed "dramatic" improvement February 2013 (awesome!)
    BFP #2: 3.26.13, EDC: 12.7.13. Anya born December 9th, 2013!
  • Options
    We love our BOB- ours has an adjustable handle-bar which is nice since my husband and I are so different in height.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker