May 2015 Moms

Constant Menstrual like cramping at 37 weeks

hi ladies!
I'm 37 weeks along, last night I woke up to intense abdominal, constant menstrual like cramps, I went to the bathroom chugged some water and was able to get back to sleep although I don't think they let off. Today around noon i Experienced stabbing like pains up and down my uterus it lasted for about 4 hours, they were not regular and did not feel like BH contractions at all... And now this evening it's 9pm my abdominal cramps are back! Just like the ones I woke up with in the middle of the night. They are constant, again they don't 'feel' like a contraction it's totally just like period cramps... What on earth is going on! Also, I have experienced loose stools over the past 24 hours, I've constantly been drinking water I know for sure I'm not dehydrated my pee is practically clear! Lol. Oh and there has been no change in discharge... Anyone have any idea?! I should add these cramps are accompanied with dull backache.

Best Answer

Re: Constant Menstrual like cramping at 37 weeks

• Good idea! I'll just keep an eye on it, see where I'm at in a few hours. Ohh this is exciting! Lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sooo exciting! Hope it's the real deal! I'll be 37 weeks next week and wouldn't mind if it happened then!
  • I am 34 weeks and have had menstrual cramps on and off, the sharp stabbing pains, and looser stool for several weeks. I double checked with my doctor and she reminded me it's what happens later in pregnancy with baby sitting down so low - this happened with my first pregnancy too and she said it gets worse with each pregnancy. Lay down on your side and rest, and call your doctor to see if they want you to come in. But trust your instinct if you think you are in labor...if you start having regular contractions or your water breaks you need to go to the hospital.
  • Went to the hospital last night, They put me on the monitor Im definitely having contractions about 5 min apart... They we're pretty certain I was heading into labor, then they checked me and my cervix is still completely shut! ): they said I'm in the early stages of labor, this stage can last from hours to weeks, so they said start taking evening primrose oil and lots of sex!!
  • Hang in there momma!