May 2015 Moms
Options

Weight gain during pregnacy

2»

Re: Weight gain during pregnacy

• Options
    I am about 4 feet 11 inches.. I started at 126lbs and gained 28 lbs. I had an ultra sound last week and they said the baby is approx. 6 lbs. I am 38 weeks today and the doctor hasn't said to much about my weight. Just to watch my swelling. I have been out of work since 45 weeks bc of my blood pressure.
  • Options
    I'm at around 55 now and still have 5+ weeks to go. It's been pretty upsetting since I'm eating healthy, blood pressure is good and everything, and I don't feel like I should be gaining so much or so quickly.. Last time I was at the doctor she made me feel like shit about it (she didn't believe the scale since it wasn't zeroed and she made me walk around to 3 different rooms and get weighed 3 times, it was traumatizing) but I am very swollen so I know a little gain is water weight at least and I'm hoping to be able to get into a good routine once baby is here to get rid of all the excess!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    eezeez member
    It is different for everyone. I began pregnancy overweight.  With my first I lost 20 lbs with my first due to morning sickness, no appetite and constant moving around and walking while I was still working.  Dr. never said anything about it- positive or negative.  I remember gaining it all back plus more while nursing- I was starving all the time and no longer nauseous so I ate everything.  Being trapped inside with a newborn in the winter + constant eating was no good for me.

With this current pregnancy I gained 20lbs-- less exercise this time and more eating.  My OB mentioned I need to minimize gain to protect my heart at one visit but didn't bring it up again- it was just one visit that was a significant gain he was concerned about (11lbs in less than one month).  I am most concerned about weight gain after baby but hopeful summer months will get us out more.

• Options
    I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow and I can honestly say I have no idea how much I've gained.  I cover my eyes every time I step on the scale at the doctors appointments.  I keep getting mixed opinions from others whether or not I'm all baby or if I'm carrying multiples.  That alone is enough to give someone a complex, lol. 
  • Options
    Im 5'3 120 pre preg. I've gained 30lbs so far.. its all on the person though with my son I gained 55lbs, the doctors freaked out of course but my son was only 6lbs and I lost all the babyweight 2 months postpartum and not even trying too.

You are so tiny and from your picture look young... I say aslong as you are not eating a box of twinkies everyday you're fine(;
  • Options
    38 weeks, I gained around 40lbs. I'm 5'6. In my country I supposed to gain no more than 25lbs!!! (Japan) and they are very very strict about weigt gaining.
    I'm glad I'm in the US. Lol
    My doctor tells me every time, I'm doing good!
    I'm not stressing about weight or what to eat, I'm sure baby is happier that way.
  • Options
    I am also 4'11" and I have gained 30lbs @ 38 weeks. My Dr. says that is totally fine. I was only 110lbs to begin with and she said the smaller you are the closer you should be to 35lbs to support your growing baby. As long as you are gaining gradually and you are eating healthfully I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck with everything!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i am 5'0" and have gained 45lbs. i am retaining a lot of water and have been for weeks. i was only 100lbs when i got pregnant, i think my body is just doing what it needs to do. i would say at least 15lbs is just water weight. my midwife said she would have liked to see me level off at around the time the water weight started. at this point i am 38w4d and have stopped caring about the number on the scale!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Normal is a relative term. It's recommended you gain only 15 if you're a bit hefty and 35 if you're very thin. But healthy for you can range between 10 and 45 as far as I'm concerned. I think my healthy 40w weight must be 142 because I started out 10lbs lighter than my first pregnancy and am nearly up to that weight now. But if we don't have a healthy ultimate weight and it's truely only based on healthy gains then...last time I gained 32lbs and at 36w this time I've gained 39lbs....that might not be good :P

But last time I went into the hospital weighing 142 and came out a couple days later weighing just 116, a lot of the weight isn't you being a fatty, it's water, blood, baby, and other strange stuff.
  • Options
    I'm 35 weeks and have gained 41 lbs and 5'2 tits doing a number on my feet so swollen!!
  • Options
    I'm 35weeks and gained 35lbs already. I can't control myself not to eat unhealthy foods like cakes,cold juices,etc.which is very tempting at this moment since its summertime. But am worried also lose those unwanted pounds after giving birth
  • Options
    All of these posts make me feel a little better. I'm always worried my Dr will fuss if I gain more than a couple pounds between visits..especially now that I'm going weekly. I'm still doing Zumba 3 hrs a week, n walking a day or two,and my eating hasn't changed much at all, which makes the weight gain frustrating...since it seems to still climb faster some weeks than others even though I do nothing different. I guess it is mostly mental for me bc I lost 53 before finding out I was pregnant, and I'm really struggling with seeing the scale climb back up so quickly each visit.