Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

To All Soon-To-Be-Mothers

momsophmomsoph member
edited April 2015 in Babies: 9 - 12 Months
My son's old nanny, Renalda, is looking for a wonderful new family to start with during the last week of April. Renalda has been with our family since our son Henry, now 3 years, was just 5 months. It's hard to describe how flawlessly Renalda managed our household and cared for Henry. My husband and I both work, and she was an incredibly reliable partner who arrived at work punctually every day for 2.5 years. She made friends with other neighborhood nannies and Henry always had many play dates, including with a boy who has come to be his best friend, a wonderful gift she gave us. One of Renalda's many strengths is cooking. She is from the Philippines, and cooked the most incredible authentic meals for Henry, including grated carrot and pineapple muffins he clamored for every morning. My son is a picky eater and meal times are stressful on weekends, but he always devoured her cooking. Thanks to her he now loves sweet potato, quinoa, and faro! At the same time she was very conscientious about his complicated set of food allergies which, thankfully, he is now growing out of.

Renalda did so much for Henry-got him on a sleep and bottle schedule when she first started with us, taught him his colors, letters, shapes and numbers, and more recently, potty trained him. She is great at logistics and had Henry's days beautifully planned, taking him to and from school, as well as out to play every morning and every afternoon after his nap, rain or shine. She was also always flexible and able to stay late if I got stuck at work last minute.

Although her focus was on Henry (and then on my second child Eloise, when she was born), Renalda was happy to help out with household chores, coordinating with our super for apartment repairs. She did all the meal planning and grocery shopping for Henry. She was a caring and conscientious part of our lives and our family misses her very much. I would be happy to speak to anyone more about her-I know she will get scooped up fast. Please feel free to email me at sophie_moura@yahoo.com with any questions. You can also reach out directly to Renalda at 917-971-9308 or renalda64@aol.com. She prefers newborn babies only, full time, live out and off the book position.