April 2014 Moms

Re: So which one of you wrote this?

• Our local toy store had a kids gift registry. The birthday child took a basket around the store and filled it with items that they wanted. The full baskets sat on a shelf behind the register with the child's first name on it. It was fun for the kid and took the guesswork out of buying. This, however, is too much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow! How absolutely ridiculous! Its simple... if someone asks you what to get for your childs birthday, then you make suggestions. If they don't, that is alright too. All presents are joyous and generous!

Our local toy store had a kids gift registry. The birthday child took a basket around the store and filled it with items that they wanted. The full baskets sat on a shelf behind the register with the child's first name on it. It was fun for the kid and took the guesswork out of buying. This, however, is too much.

That is a really cool way to do it!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Loading the player...
  • Whoa, Nelly! That is insane! Plus, someone needs to tell her with the birthday approaching she can probably stop dropping $80/ week on formula and start the transition to WCM (barring health concerns, of course)! It must be so much fun to be in that family. Haha.
  • This came up on my FB feed. Ridiculous! If I got this email, I would not be going to that party! If people asked me for suggestions, I gave them. Our house is overflowing with toys now, but they were picked and given out of love.
  • Whoa, Nelly! That is insane! Plus, someone needs to tell her with the birthday approaching she can probably stop dropping $80/ week on formula and start the transition to WCM (barring health concerns, of course)! It must be so much fun to be in that family. Haha.

I was thinking the same thing about the formula! I have little experience with formula, but was thinking that seemed a bit much considering the baby is 1 year old.

I clearly screwed up this birthday - I didn't make any requests for gifts AND we bought a water table this week OURSELVES. What was I thinking?! ;)
  • Our local toy store had a kids gift registry. The birthday child took a basket around the store and filled it with items that they wanted. The full baskets sat on a shelf behind the register with the child's first name on it. It was fun for the kid and took the guesswork out of buying. This, however, is too much.

I like the idea, but I have a feeling it would cause some meltdowns around our house! I think my 3 year old would have a hard time filling a basket and then leaving it. She might also then expect to receive all those items. It would take a lot of prepping her to understand and then some finger crossing to hope she could keep it together!

I like the idea, but I have a feeling it would cause some meltdowns around our house! I think my 3 year old would have a hard time filling a basket and then leaving it. She might also then expect to receive all those items. It would take a lot of prepping her to understand and then some finger crossing to hope she could keep it together!
    I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't imagine telling a child to pick out what they want, then having to explain that they can't take it all home.
  • It was me! I mean come on, what is wrong with it? I need to make sure my kid gets exactly what I want and that money doesn't get wasted when I try to return stuff to buy my $80 per week formula! bahaha
  • There has to be some family dramatic story behind that, right? No one can actually be that entitled.