December 2015 Moms

What's everyone using for skincare?

I was using Arbonne but the anti aging isn't safe for pregnancy. Looking for something else as my skin always breaks out during pregnancy and is dry at the same time!!! Very annoying!

Suggestions?

Re: What's everyone using for skincare?

• SoCalBeatSoCalBeat member
    edited April 2015
    I'm wondering the same thing, I need something that's going to work and be safe for baby!
    I've only gotten as far as window shopping online at organic bath and body shops!
    Too many choices that you can't test first /:)
  • I hear ya! I am a big skin care person and love paulas choice anti aging. I just bought bubble and bee because it is come rely natural..just used it the first time..can't say how well it works yet though! Let me know if you find something you like!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ponds Cold Cream and Ivory soap bar.
  • But not in that order. :)
  • I love eminence products. They are organic. Really helping clear up my skin.
  • I use philosophy "purity made simple" face wash and Josie Maran argan oil. I used to have weird combination skin with occasional breakouts, and since I started using this stuff my skin has been 100% better. Normally use Philisophy eye cream as well, but it contains retinal so my doctor told me to give that up for now.
  • Has anyone had feedback on Rodan and Fields from their Dr? My biggest dilemma is I don't see my Dr to ask for another month!
  • I don't use anything fancy either. I just use clean and clear. I have really oily skin ESPECIALLY during pregnancy. Used it with dd and now it's still the only thing that keeps me from drying out or breaking out. 
  • My doctor said I can't use Proactive anymore. I don't know about any other Rodan and Fields products.
  • Lucky I read this one. I use Arbonne. I might switch to either the FC5 or Calm range while I'm pregnant
  • Lucky I read this one. I use Arbonne. I might switch to either the FC5 or Calm range while I'm pregnant

FYI, I'm an Arbonne rep ;) The FC5 also has retinol in it. The company claims their formulation is safe but to me retinol is retinol, no matter how it's made! Just make sure to read the ingredients listed online before you order a different one!
  • PS: LOVE my Arbonne :) Was sad to give it up :(
  • Thanks heaps!! Do you know if the calm range also has retinol off the top of your head? I'll be bummed to give my Arbonne up!!
  • Any Origins product users? I use checks and balances, modern friction, and a perfect world face lotion. I did switch my shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion to organic.
  • I use Rodan and fields soothe line. I was told completely safe. I also sell it :)
  • I have rosacea and extremely dry skin. I started using grandpas pine tar soap (which also helps with pupps during pregnancy) as a natural approach. It has been great for my skin. It kinda smells like a camp fire the first time I used it but after that you can't smell it. It's been amazing. I also use cetaphil for moisturizer. Grandpas pine tar soap is only $3 at whole foods and has amazing reviews. May not work for everyone but def has been a life saver for me and is recommended for acne as well.
  • I'm still using my Vichy normaderm face wash and moisturiser. I haven't changed any of my shampoos or washes.
  • I started using neutrogena naturals face wash and so far I like it! Paraben and sulfite free
  • Thanks heaps!! Do you know if the calm range also has retinol off the top of your head? I'll be bummed to give my Arbonne up!!

The Calm line doesn't have any retinol in it and should be safe to use :) I get really bad breaks outs while pregnant and that's the reason I'm looking for something else that will help that more!
  • Eminence organics is the ONLY way to go. Best skin care line out there. Seems super pricey but if used properly, a regular sized product will last you about a year.
  • I switched to neutrogena naturals- the whole line! I love it!
  • Calm line is great! That's what I'm using. And it's actually done a fantastic job with my acne.
  • I have been using the simple makeup remover wipes, lotion and cleanser. Thinking I should look through their ingredients.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Is the Proactive astringent ok? (The Step #2 bottle)
  • I agree with Eminence Organics- it's the cleanest skincare out there that's not loaded with Shea butter (breaks me out). I've also just been using oils for my skin
  • I use Bliss face wash and eye makeup remover.  I don't use a moisturizer because it's already humid here, so my skin is getting oily, and I don't really need it.  But I do use an oil fighting primer under my mineral foundation.
    imageimage
    imageimage
    image 05.06 @4w | 08.06 @5w | 03.07 @9w01.04.10 {RIP} AML | 09.11 @6w | 02.12 @7w10.22.12-11.04.12 {RIP} ASL | 09.13 @12wimage
  • I decided on the eminence for this time!
  • I switched to LUSH skincare as soon as I found out I was pregnant and just learned about and ordered NUDE skincare line from Sephora.com - the LUSH serum bar is too oily for me although my skin so far during this pregnancy is as great as it has ever been! Hope this continues
  • I asked my OB about this, she said to avoid all products that use Salicylic Acid as it can cause birth defects. She said Benzoyl Peroxide was safe but I'm staying away from all of it bc of my history of MC just in case. So check the labels. And if you're worried, ask your doctor.
  • I use baby wash and witch hazel. It's worked for me so far. But I see my skin changing. Again.
  • I broke out really badly during my last pregnancy and my doctor said Proactive was ok to use. Benzoyl Peroxide is ok, but not salicylic acid. My daughter was totally fine. I'm using it again this time. For face cream I started using Burts Bees intense hydration and like it so far.
  • I alternate between straight up coconut oil, a coconut oil, activated charcoal and clay soap, and sugar or baking soda to exfoliate. My skin has actually been great so far! But I'm only 5 weeks in! :)
  • I am curious about this one. I thought you could not use anything that you had to ingest. Like the stuff for severe acne prone skin.  I did not know you couldnt use topical stuff.  Does anyone know the medical reason behind this? I use proactiv why cant we use this? it really seeps into the pores that much?

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mikk1mikk1 member
    I use tea tree oil products. I find they work wonders on my skin and aren't harsh. I used them before pregnancy and will continue to use them throughout.
  • awoods_mu said:

Is the Proactive astringent ok? (The Step #2 bottle)

Proactive is fine. I just went to the dermatologist today and they told me using benzoyl peroxide while pregnant is fine.

• I'm going to try that Eminence stuff! Thanks for the rec ladies.

• Is all Rodan and Fields safe to use during pregnancy?
  • I switched to Aveeno, face washes and face lotions. They work well so far :)
  • lynndearmondlynndearmond member
    edited April 2017
    *Removed for TOU Violation*